I’ve got another fun and frugal 20 minute dinner idea! This Pepperoni pasta dinner is easy to make but tastes great. It is very kid friendly and perfect for a busy evening. Throw together salad or steam some vegetables and you have a complete meal.
This pepperoni pasta dinner can be prepared in minutes.
My favorite thing about this recipe is how easy you can adapt it. You can use sausage instead for a different flavor. Add in some chopped onions, red peppers, mushrooms, or black olives and you have a completely different dinner without spending anymore time in the kitchen.
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (or 1 jar of spaghetti sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning (eliminate this if using spaghetti sauce)
- 1 tsp of Garlic Salt
- ½ can of water
- handful of pepperonis (we cut them in half)
- ½ package of pasta (we use rotini or penne)
- Brown your ground beef or ground turkey completely in a skillet.
- Bring a pot of water to boil for your pasta.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, seasonings, and water.
- Add in pepperonis and stir slightly.
- Bring skillet to a boil, then cover and let simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to water and boil according to directions. (about 8 minutes)
- Serve sauce on top of pasta.
- Add parmesan cheese (optional).
This Pepperoni Pasta dinner freezes great!
You can freeze the pasta, but the best part is to freeze the meat sauce. Then you can just toss it in the crockpot (frozen) and have dinner on the table in no time. If you want, you can freeze the pasta, but I would under cook it slightly and freeze in a separate bag.
How much did this cost my family?
- 1 pound of ground beef – $3.18 at sam’s (you can get ground turkey for under $2 at Aldi)
- 2 jar of spaghetti sauce – only $.50
- Pepperonis – $.50
- Pasta (half a box) – $.30 got this for cheap at Walmart after my coupons
Grand total – Only $4.48!!
It is even cheaper if you are using ground turkey. I can get a bag of salad for $1.99, and my family eats about a half a bag, meaning that is only $.99 extra. Can you see how you can honestly feed your family for less?
Here are a few recommended side dish recipes to try with this dinner:
- 15 Minute Side Dish – Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes with Red Wine Vinegar
- A 10 Minute Side Dish – Pan Fried Zucchini Slices
You might also want to try this delicious and Easy Vegetarian Lasagna for a simple dinner everyone will love.
Here are some more skillet dinners to try too:
- Brown Sugar Skillet Chicken
- Easy Skillet Chicken with Tomatoes
- Skillet Chicken and Rice Burritos
- Tex-Mex Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Skillett Macaroni Dinner – Have dinner ready in under 15 minutes!
So what do you think? Are you going to try this easy dinner idea? Add it your menu plan next week.
Do you need a simple weeknight dinner idea? This Oven Roasted Potatoes & Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is a complete meal all in one pan.
Don’t forget to pin it to save it for later!