Your family will love this easy and delicious Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes recipe. Let the slow cooker do the work and come home to a tasty dinner waiting full of hearty potatoes and flavorful sausage.
Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes
You are in for a treat with this tasty meal. The baby potatoes are so tender and the sausage is so filling and delicious.
Everything simmers together in the slow cooker to give this recipe the best flavor. This meal is the best comfort food and just amazing. Even my kids love it. Check out all our Easy Crock pot Pork Chops.
How do you make sausage and potatoes in a crock pot?
This is one of the recipes we rely on for busy weeks and the entire family enjoys this meal so much. The crock pot truly does all the work and all of the ingredients get tossed in.
It is a one pot meal that makes an easy dinner that your family will love.
You’ll need a Crock Pot:
This is the crockpot I am using and I love it. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
- Whole Baby Potatoes
- Smoked Sausage
- Yellow Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
How to make Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes:
- Add everything into the crock pot. If you don’t like onions, check out The Best Onion Substitutes.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 3-44 hours (until potatoes and onions are tender). The cooking time will vary based on the crock pot used for this recipe.
- Then serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
Continue reading to jump to recipe below.
What type of sausage is in this recipe?
I used smoked sausage in this recipe and it worked great. However, you can definitely use your favorite type in this recipe. Turkey sausage would be delicious and will lower the fat content in this recipe.
Andouille sausage would be delicious in this easy slow cooker recipe as well.
Also, you can easily use Kielbasa sausage to make crockpot kielbasa and potatoes.
What to serve with Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes?
- Serve it with a salad. – Serve it with a simple side salad. It makes me feel better having a side salad with this hearty meal.
- Serve it with a roasted veggie. – You can also roast your favorite green vegetable and serve it with this simple crock pot meal. Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Green Beans or Roasted Asparagus would all be delicious with this meal.
- Add some bread. – Make these Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and you are set for a delicious and wonderful meal everyone will love.
- Add Cheese. – If you want to try something new, add cheese to the recipe. My kids love when I top this recipe with cheese. They call it cheesy potatoes and ask for this all of the time. I also love topping mine with a little bit of sour cream.
- Add Veggies. – You can also add in some vegetables to potatoes and sausage for extra veggies. Green beans, carrots or red peppers would all be delicious in this recipe. Add these in for the last 2-3 hours so that they don’t get over cooked.
- Make it Creamy. – Try adding cheddar cheese soup, cream of chicken soup or cream of celery soup to this slow cooker recipe. Mix the cream soup with the chicken broth before adding it into the crock pot.
- Add some Spice. – If you love spicy foods, add in 1-2 tsp of Creole seasoning when making this recipe to add a little kick to this dinner.
- Add a Ranch Flavoring. – If you love the flavor of ranch, stir in a ranch seasoning packet with the chicken broth before adding it to the crock pot to change up the flavor on this recipe.
- Use your favorite type of Potatoes. – I used whole baby potatoes in this recipe but you can easily use any of your favorite instead. Peeled and diced Russet potatoes or sweet potatoes would all be delicious in this crock pot recipe.
- Leave out the Tomatoes. – If you don’t love tomatoes, you can easily leave them out or use a tomato sauce instead.
How to Store:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze the leftovers as well. Store in a freezer safe container for up to 2-3 months. Allow the leftovers to defrost overnight in the refrigerator when you are ready to enjoy them.
Be careful when reheating any leftovers so that the potatoes don’t get too soft.
Print this Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes Recipe:
Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes
- 16 oz fully cooked sausage sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 2 lbs whole baby potatoes cut in half
- 2 small yellow onions cut into chunks
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Add everything into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 304 hours. (until potatoes and onions are tender).
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe