This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pantry ingredients makes this Crock Pot Huli Huli Chicken easy to make and full of flavor. Makes this sweet and savory chicken for an simple weeknight meal.
You are going to love this huli huli chicken crock pot recipe. All the ingredients are added to the slow cooker for a set and forget it weeknight meal.
We love making Crock Pot Recipes and this crockpot Hawaiian Chicken is one of our favorite. The savory sauce keeps the chicken moist and tender. If you love the sweet sauce in this recipe, make Crockpot BBQ Ranch Chicken and Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Chicken Recipe.
Table of Contents
What is Huli Huli Chicken?
This classic Hawaiian Chicken Recipe is a popular recipe in Hawaii because of the sweet and savory sauce. Huli means flip which means to traditionally to cook the chicken on the grill over high heat.
Cooking the chicken in the slow cooker allows you to still get the sweet flavor with the simple ingredient glaze.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Ginger
- Minced Garlic
- Cold Water
- Green Onions (diced)
- Sesame Seeds
For the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post to see recipe card.
- Change Chicken – Feel free to make this recipe with boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
- Seasoning – You can also make the sauce mixture with different ingredients. Add in honey, or instead of soy sauce use tamari or apple cider vinegar.
- Vegetables – Feel free to add in vegetables to cook with the chicken. We love the addition of diced bell peppers.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and ketchup. Then add in ground ginger and garlic.
- Step 2 – Place the chicken breast in the crock pot. Pour the sauce on top.
- Step 3 – Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3 hours. Then remove the slow cooked chicken and shred.
- Step 4 – Stir together the cornstarch and cold water together in a small bowl. Stir this mixture and the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Step 5 – Serve slow cooker huli huli chicken as is or over rice and enjoy!
- Shredding Chicken – We recommend shredding chicken with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Thickening Sauce – To thicken the sauce, add in a cornstarch slurry this makes it delicious when served over rice.
What to Serve with Huli Huli Chicken:
Serve this chicken dish with your favorite side dish. These are some of our favorites.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Store the cooled, cooked chicken in a freezer safe container. This season chicken stays fresh for 3 months.
More Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Crock pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Southwest Crock pot Chicken and Rice
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave us a comment or a star review if you try this Crock Pot Huli Huli Chicken Recipe.
Crock Pot Huli Huli Chicken
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, ground ginger and minced garlic.
- Place the chicken breast in the crock pot. Pour the sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken, shred.
- Stir together the cornstarch and cold water together in a small bowl. Stir this mixture and the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Serve as is or over rice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe