This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Easy Crockpot BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe is super easy and perfect for busy weeknights. The sauce is thick and tangy and perfect to serve over rice.
This is a super easy crockpot chicken dinner with a nice thick sauce. You will have this all prepped and thrown in the crockpot in no time at all. If you love this slow cooker recipe, you may also love this Crock Pot Huli Huli Chicken Recipe.
I love making easy meals for my large family that are kid friendly. This simple ingredient barbecue chicken recipe meets all those requirements and is the perfect weeknight meal.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe:
The combination of the BBQ sauce and Ranch tastes amazing. The chicken cooks tender in the slow cooker for a delicious meal idea.
We love serving it over rice but you easily serve on hamburger buns for a delicious chicken sandwich.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Barbecue Sauce (Learn how to make Homemade Barbecue Sauce.)
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Change Chicken – This BBQ Chicken recipe can be made with Skinless Chicken Thighs, Chicken Drumsticks or Chicken Tenders.
- Favorite BBQ Sauce – Feel free to use your favorite BBQ sauce to make this recipe. One of our favorite sauces is Sweet Baby Ray.
- Chicken Broth – We used water in this recipe, but you can substitute with chicken broth.
- Ranch Dressing – If you only have ranch dressing, it will work in this recipe. But I would add it directly on top of the chicken once in the slow cooker.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a large ziploc bag, mix together the flour and ranch seasoning.
Step 2 – Place chicken in the ziploc bag with the ranch seasoning mixture.
Step 3 – Shake the bag to completely cover the chicken with the ranch mixture.
Step 4 – Place chicken in the slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Step 5 – In a medium bowl, combine barbecue sauce and water until mixed well.
Step 6 – Pour the BBQ sauce mixture over the chicken in the crock pot.
Step 7 – Cook BBQ Ranch Chicken on low 4 hours. You can also cook on high for about 2-3 hours.
Step 8 – Remove the lid and remove chicken from the slow cook. Shred the chicken in a bowl, then place back into the slow cooker to mix in with the ranch sauce. Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy.
- Prepare Slow Cooker – We recommend spraying slow cooker with cooking spray for easy cleanup.
- Meat Thermometer – To ensure your chicken is cooked to 165 degrees, we recommend using a meat thermometer. This allows you to check the internal temperature of the chicken.
- Cover Chicken – Before placing the chicken in the slow cooker, make sure to completely cover with the flour and ranch seasoning packet.
What to Serve with BBQ Ranch Chicken:
It is even delicious with a side of black beans and topped with avocado and cilantro for a family favorite meal.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Once you have cooked the chicken in the slow cooker, it is ready to shred. You can easily shred with two forks. But you can also learn how to shred chicken with the stand mixer. This process saves time and the chicken comes out prefectly shredded.
Yes, you can place frozen chicken in the slow cooker. This is how I cook most of my chicken recipes. It cooks easily so there is no need to thaw chicken to make this recipe.
This chicken stores great in the fridge or the freezer. If placing in the refrigerator store in an airtight container. I love making this chicken to meal prep for the week. If you are freezing the leftovers, store the leftovers in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
More Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Crock pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken, please leave a comment or a star review.
CrockPot BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ package ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup water
- Mix flour and ranch seasoning mix together in large zipper baggie.
- Cut chicken in large chunks – I did 5-6 chunks per chicken breast.
- Add chicken breast pieces to zipper baggie and shake until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Dump chicken into crockpot sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine barbecue sauce and water until mixed well. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 4 hours. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe