This Crock Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe is the best.
These are the best chicken tacos and they are so easy to make. Perfect for a weeknight meal. The entire family will love these and you will love how simple they are! Once you make Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos, your family will ask for them all the time!
I’m so excited to share with your the BEST crockpot Chicken tacos recipe that you can possibly imagine. No seriously… the best. My husband was very skeptical since I only threw three ingredients into the crockpot, but boy was he surprised. He kept going on and on with how delicious this dinner was.
To be honest, I was shocked too. We used this shredded chicken taco meat to make tacos, but you could eat it by itself, serve it over rice, use it to make quesadillas, or even in wonton wrappers. You could use this SAME chicken tacos crock pot recipe several different ways and have a different dinner. However, you are still using the same basic and delicious recipe.
If you don’t have a crock pot yet, here are some nice ones on sale. I love the programmable crock pot for when you are not at home. It’s great so that you can have it cook for the perfect amount of time.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Taco Ingredients:
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of salsa (we used picante)
- 1 Tablespoons of Taco Seasoning (we used homemade)
You can use a taco seasoning packet for this recipe, but unless you get them for FREE with your coupons, you will save a lot more money by making your own taco seasoning. Go here to see my homemade taco seasoning recipe. It is very easy to make and you will know exactly everything in your seasoning.
How to make Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos:
- In a crockpot, place chicken breasts (frozen) in the bottom
- Sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Top with the salsa
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken and serve with your favorite taco toppings
See this Chicken Tacos Crock Pot recipe is really easy!
I know it sounds like this won’t be much because you are only throwing three things in the crock pot, but sometimes… less is more! I think you will be just as surprised by my family when we took our first bite into these delicious shredded chicken tacos.
Even though you are using salsa in this crockpot chicken tacos recipe it is still very kid friendly. Our kids devoured it and said it was the best tacos they have had.
You can freeze Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos!
This is a very easy freezer friendly recipe. Just toss the chicken breasts (uncooked) into a freezer bag. Then add the salsa and taco seaoning. Freeze completely. When you are ready to use, just place the entire ingredients from the bag into the crockpot. Add 1/4 cup of water, and cook about the same amount of time for an even easier dinner idea.
Now you can also cook this like normal and then freeze it. I like to freeze them in cupcake pans and once frozen pop them out and place in the freezer bag. Then you have an easy lunch idea and the chicken is frozen in individual servings.
How we fed our family of 6 for just around $5 with the Best Chicken Tacos in crock pot.
- We ate this Crockpot Chicken tacos recipe and it cost us about $3
- We used less than $1 worth of tortillas
- We used a half bag of salad which was $.99
- and then we had Spanish rice that was in the freezer that we heated in the microwave (cost us less than $.25 to make because I got the rice for FREE with my coupons)
Grand total was just $5 for the entire meal.
Another favorite around here is Easy Wonton Taco Cups Recipe. They are amazing!
Now that you know how to make shredded chicken tacos, there really is no reason to run through the drive thru on a busy night now.
Try this crockpot chicken tacos recipe on your next busy night. Another easy idea is Crock pot cilantro lime chicken recipe. It is so simple and easy.
If you like this easy recipe, try Easy Baked Tilapia.
Print this easy Shredded Chicken Tacos recipe below:
Crock pot Chicken Tacos recipe is so good! Make slow cooker Shredded chicken tacos! Chicken tacos crock pot recipe is quick. Crock pot shredded chicken tacos
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa (we used picante)
- 1 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning (we used homemade)
In a crockpot, place chicken breasts (frozen) in the bottom
Sprinkle with the seasoning.
Top with the salsa
Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours.
Shred the chicken and serve with your favorite taco toppings
We use this shredded chicken taco recipe to make tacos, but you could eat it by itself, serve it over rice, use it to make quesadillas, or even in wonton wrappers.
Try it with Rice Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. The entire family will enjoy it.
Try these other Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos:
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Creamy Taco Soup
- Shredded Chicken Taquitos
- Shredded Chicken Street Tacos
- Healthy Brunswick Stew with Shredded Chicken
You might also like this Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe packed with chicken, cheese and an amazing sour cream sauce.
More recipes for you to try:
- Homemade taco seasoning
- Crockpot Taco Salad
- Crockpot Taco Rice Soup – Turn your left over tacos into a second meal!
- Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe
- The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip – Queso Blanco
Try our other delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.