Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
We love soup around here and I’m all about making it hearty and filling! Chili is something we all love but sometimes we get tired of it. So, Taco Soup became one of our new favorites. But because I’m all about using what I have, I threw in some cream cheese one night and Creamy Taco Soup was a hit! If you’re looking for something a little different to jazz up your menu plan, give this Creamy Taco Soup Recipe a try.
It’s even better if you top it with extra shredded cheese, onion, tortillas and more! The kids love when I set out a topping bar and they can each just grab what they like. It makes it fun for everyone! This is also good for parties. If you need something that will feed a crowd, this recipe will do it! Plus, it’s budget friendly and really easy in the crock pot.
I used a 6 quart crock pot but if you have a larger one, that would work too. My favorite is this programmable crock pot. I can set it and forget it! I love coming home and having dinner waiting on me. 🙂
If I don’t plan ahead, it’s take out for sure! This allows me to get everything ready the night before or early that morning!
Creamy Taco Soup Recipe is so hearty and delicious!
If you love this, make sure to try Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe or Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe. My family used to think soup was not very filling until they tried these yummy soup recipes! They are so hearty and good. Plus, I just love having one pot meals because it’s less clean up. There isn’t anything like a warm bowl of soup on a cold or rainy day. There is just something about it. I always love when there are leftovers so I can have it for lunch during the week. One trick I do is to freeze individual serving sizes for quick and easy lunches or even a quick dinner! Such a time saver. You can see the freezer containers I use here.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 1 can of black beans, 14 oz
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, 8 oz
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning (How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 package of cream cheese
- shredded cheese to top (any kind will do)
How to make Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe:
1. Toss everything in the 6 quart crockpot except the cream cheese.
2. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
4. About one hour to 30 minutes before you are ready to eat add the cream cheese. Allow to melt and stir in.
5. Top with shredded cheese, green onion, sour cream, green onions, or even crushed tortilla chips.
This is recipe is fast, frugal and fabulous! My family gobbled it up and have put this on our regular list. 🙂 Sometimes instead of tortilla chips, I make a big pan of Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread! This is so good crumbled on top and the extra heat from the jalapeno is just amazing! Either way you serve this recipe, it’s sure to be a hit!
Print your Creamy Taco Soup Recipe below:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- (1) 14 oz. can of black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 onion chopped
- (1) 8 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- shredded cheese to top any kind will do
Toss everything in the 6 quart crockpot except the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
About one hour to 30 minutes before you are ready to eat add the cream cheese. Allow to melt and stir in.
Top with shredded cheese, green onion, sour cream, green onions, or even crushed tortilla chips.
This hearty Taco Soup is so rich and creamy! You will love how filling this one pot meal is. Top with extra cheese and tortilla chips.
Try Crock Pot Italian Chicken Soup Recipe for another hearty, filling and healthy recipe. This meal is sure to be a hit with the entire family.
Also, try Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup when you need a delicious dinner fast. Simply toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker and dinner will be waiting to impress the family.
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is the absolute best comfort food and it is so simple to make in the slow cooker. This recipe can feed a crowd and it is so easy on the budget while tasting incredible.
Try these other crock pot soup recipes:
- Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Easy Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe