This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe is the perfect soup for a busy morning. Toss the chicken, vegetables and broth in the slow cooker for an amazing soup.
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe:
We love soup around here and I’m all about making it hearty and filling! Chili is something we all love but sometimes we get tired of it. So, Taco Soup became one of our new favorites.
But because I’m all about using what I have, I threw in some cream cheese one night and Creamy Taco Soup was a hit! If you’re looking for something a little different to jazz up your menu plan, give this Creamy Taco Soup Recipe a try.
This soup is perfect to meal prep with or for an easy weeknight meal. It is creamy, tasty, and full of flavor. Top with shredded cheese and fresh cilantro and your meal is complete.
Creamy Taco Soup Recipe is so hearty and delicious:
If you love this, make sure to try Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe or Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe. My family used to think soup was not very filling until they tried these yummy soup recipes!
They are so hearty and good. Plus, I just love having one pot meals because it’s less clean up. There isn’t anything like a warm bowl of soup on a cold or rainy day.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Taco Soup:
- Chicken breasts
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Chicken broth
- Taco Seasoning (How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- Garlic Salt
- Cream cheese
- Shredded Cheese to top (any kind will do)
How to make Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe:
- Add Ingredients to Slow Cooker – Place all the ingredients except for the cream cheese in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Slow Cook Ingredients – Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred and Stir – Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred the chicken and stir it into the crock pot.
- Add Cream Cheese – Stir in the cream cheese, cover and cook on low for 1 hour or on high for 30 minutes to melt the cream cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy – Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Soup:
This soup is loaded with flavorful and hearty ingredients, that you can keep the sides simple and easy to make. These are our favorites:
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Tortilla Strips
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Hot Sauce
- Fresh Lime
Substitutions and Additions:
- Taco Seasoning – You can use package taco seasoning or make homemade taco seasoning. Making homemade allows you to control what you put in the seasoning and it taste better too.
- Ranch Dressing – To change the flavor of the soup, add in a tablespoon of ranch dressing seasoning mix.
- Beans – We used black beans but you can also add in pinto beans or omit them all together.
- Diced Tomatoes – You can use plain diced tomatoes or use a spicy version of tomatoes. We like using a can of Rotel for added flavor.
- Chicken – You can use chicken thighs or chicken tenders if you prefer. This soup would still be amazing if your left out the chicken. This is a great soup to use leftover chicken in. You can even use ground turkey.
- Broth Soup – We love the creamy broth that this soup has, but you can skip adding the cream cheese if you prefer a thinner broth. If you have beef broth, you can use that instead of chicken broth.
- Large Soup Pot – If you prefer you can make this in a large pot on the stove top. Just add the ingredients as indicated and heat. Then stir in cream cheese about 30 before serving.
How to Store Leftovers:
We love having leftover soup. We think it taste even better the next day as the ingredients really marinate together to give it more flavor.
Simply place the leftover chicken taco soup in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days if stored properly.
If we are meal prepping for the week, we like to store in individual containers for an easy lunch on the go.
How to Freeze Soup:
Freezing soup is the perfect way to save time and money. Homemade soup taste better and it is better for you. When I make soup for my family, I try to double the batch so I can some to freezer.
We recommend freezing in individual containers as it is easy to thaw overnight to have fresh soup for lunch the next day. Let us show you have to freeze soup the right way with all the tips and tricks here.
Easy Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Soup:
We love making soup when the weather gets colder. It makes it easy to add in many types of vegetables, seasoning and leftover chicken and it turns into an amazing meal. That is why we love this creamy chicken soup.
This is recipe is fast, frugal and fabulous. My family gobbled it up and have put this on our regular list. Sometimes instead of tortilla chips, I make a big pan of Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread.
This is so good crumbled on top and the extra heat from the jalapeno is just amazing. Either way you serve this recipe, it’s sure to be a hit!
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup:
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
- Place all the ingredients except for the cream cheese in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir it into the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese, cover and cook on low for 1 hour or on high for 30 minutes to melt the cream cheese.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe