Try this Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup when you need a delicious dinner fast. Simply toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker and dinner will be waiting to impress the family.
Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup
I made this taco chicken recipe and it was fabulous! My kids say this was one of their favorite soups, which says a a lot, because I can make some delicious soups.
I personally love it because it is fool proof and very frugal friendly. It is perfect to feed a crowd and so easy to prepare.
It is definitely a crockpot type of day, so I thought I would share.
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
We have made this tasty soup several times before so the family was excited I was making it again. My kids like the “white beans” because they are softer then regular beans.
If your family doesn’t like beans, smash them up before you put them in the soup. You will get the protein without anyone knowing they are in there.
That is a win-win for mom!
By the way, this recipe calls for taco seasoning – did you know you can make your own taco seasoning with the ingredients you already have in your pantry?
AND … did you know it is cheaper and better for you?
We love having homemade taco seasoning on hand for Taco Chicken Soup and other recipes.
You need a crockpot for Healthy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe.
They are awesome because you can set them to start later, or to stop and switch to warm once the dinners are ready. Amazon has some on sale right now too.
I also really like this crockpot. Now, it’s not programmable but it’s so handy!
It has the feature where you can lock the lid down.
That feature is so nice for when you take meals to potlucks or need to transport the meal somewhere.
Now if you want to save yourself even more time then I really recommend these Crockpot liners. They make clean up a breeze.
Instead of scrubbing and washing the pot, you can just toss the liner. It is practically no clean up.
And of course, you can always make Chicken Taco Soup stove top version. If using stove top, I like to simmer for 30 minutes.
Let’s make this Easy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe.
Ingredients for Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup:
- 2 to 3 boneless chicken breasts frozen
- 2 cans of white beans (I used great northern, and mine were from the freezer -place them in frozen. You can substitute pinto beans or black beans)
- ½ onion chopped (this was also already chopped and frozen from my freezer)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chili’s
- ½ packet of taco seasoning (You can make your own taco seasoning if you want – use 2 Tablespoons)
- ½ tsp Garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water or chicken broth (it won’t seem like much but the chicken will create liquid too.)
- Optional: cheese sour cream, tortilla chips, and cilantro for topping
Feel free to add a little chili powder if you like the soup recipe spicier.
How to make Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup:
- Place frozen chicken in the crock pot. Dump everything else in the crockpot on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Place shredded chicken back in slow cooker and stir.
If cooked on high, adjust time accordingly.
What can I serve with Taco Chicken Soup?
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- green onion
- hot sauce
- cheddar cheese
Note- If it is too spicy for your kids the sour cream will help with that.
This easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup is our go to recipe on busy weeknights.
Is this Quick and Easy slow cooker chicken taco soup recipe freezer friendly?
Yes! There are two ways you can do this for the freezer:
- You can place all the ingredients in a freezer baggy uncooked and place in freezer. Then you just dump the freezer bag into the crock pot and turn on low.
- You can cook the dinner and then place the left overs in freezable containers to make an instant soup for you for lunch or a leftover dinner.
We love simple recipes like Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup.
I keep recipes like this on the regular menu plan rotation because I know the entire family will enjoy these meals.
In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
I often just use what I have in the freezer or what is on sale at the grocery store when making Taco Chicken Soup.
Another idea it to add more beans in recipes to stretch the meat. This is a great recipe to add more beans and tomatoes to and it will make your soup go further.
Add in black beans or pinto beans with the white beans. Decrease the chicken and add more beans to stretch the recipe.
You can truly make this recipe your own. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget.
Print this Easy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe below:
Try these other slow cooker recipes:
- Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Easy Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Creamy Taco Soup Recipe
I hope your family enjoys it! Happy Eating!
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.