Looking for comfort food? You are going to go crazy over this crockpot cheeseburger soup recipe. You get all the flavors of a delicious cheeseburger in the comfort of a soup.
Crock Pot Soup Recipes:
My family loves soup especially in the Fall and Winter when it’s chilly outside and I love making them in the crock pot because they’re easy to make!
There is not much better than a hearty and delicious soup recipe that has cooked in a slow cooker all day. This cheeseburger soup is no different! You are going to love this great recipe.
The cream cheese in this soup thickens the soup (you don’t have to add flour) and it adds a delicious cheesy flavor that will want you craving more! This soup recipe is a family favorite and I hope you love it too.
If you love a good slow cooker recipe as much as I do, check out all of my crock pot recipes here.
You’ll need a crock pot for this cheeseburger soup:
If you don’t have a crock pot yet, here are some nice ones on sale.
I love the programmable crock pot for when you are not at home. You can set it for the amount you need and leave the house for the day.
It will cut off for when you programmed it. I also love that it will seal closed so you can transport it for parties and tailgates.
I also love my Instant Pot Aura Multi-Cooker. It is pretty awesome because you can brown your ground beef or your chicken in the pot and then let is slow cook all day.
That means one more less pan to cook for most recipes. This has become my new favorite crock pot just because of that one feature!
Also, since I tend to be a little lazy in the kitchen (are you?), I highly suggest using crock pot liners to make cleaning the crock pot a breeze! These are a lifesaver for our family! Make sure you leave a comment and let us know your favorite slow cooker to use.
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup Ingredients:
- Ground Beef
- White Onion
- Shredded Carrots
- Beef Broth (or Chicken Broth)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
How to make crockpot cheeseburger soup:
Let’s get started with how to make this delicious and easy slow cooker cheeseburger soup recipe.
First brown the ground beef in a large skillet and drain off any excess grease.
Then place the browned beef, potatoes, onions, carrots, seasoning, beef broth and cream of mushroom soup in the crock pot. Gently stir to combine all the ingredients.
Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2.5-3 hours until the potatoes are tender.
Then approximately 30 minutes before serving, dice up the cream cheese. Stir in the shredded cheese and the cream cheese into the crock pot.
Cover and cook for about 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the soup.
Serve warm with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Top this soup with your favorite cheeseburger toppings. I topped mine with green onions, tomatoes and some more cheese (I can never have too much) and it was delicious.
However, this soup would be delicious topped with lettuce, pickles, sour cream and bacon as well to make a delicious bacon cheeseburger soup. Yum!
What to serve with Cheeseburger Soup:
You can never go wrong with serving soup with a delicious bread recipe.
However, if you’re feeling like you want a lighter meal, this is great served with an easy salad as well. Check out how to make an easy Caesar salad or just make your own salad dressing with this delicious Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
How to store leftovers:
I love leftovers and the leftovers of this soup heats up great. I refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
The potatoes will soak up some of the broth when it’s stored, so I recommend adding some beef broth to the leftovers when heating up the leftovers to thin out the soup.
Watch the soup closely when reheating up the soap so that the potatoes don’t get too soft while being reheated.
Print this slow cooker cheeseburger soup recipe
Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 small potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 small white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 3 cups beef broth (2 cans)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz cream cheese (block cut into smaller pieces)
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over high heat. Drain any excess grease.
- Place the ground beef, potatoes, onions, and carrots in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth and the cream of mushroom soup over the vegetables.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and the block of cream cheese into the crock pot.
- Add lid and cook for about 30 minutes on low until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy crock pot soup recipes:
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Ham & Bean Soup Crock pot recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Chicken Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Meatball Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup Recipe