I have another delicious crock pot recipe for you to try this week. If you love our jalapeño poppers and our white chicken chili then you are going to love this Crock pot Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup Recipe. This soup has all the delicious flavors of jalapeño poppers in a delicious soup to warm you up.
Slow cooker jalapeño popper chicken soup is the best!
If you love jalapeño poppers, you are going to love this chicken jalapeño popper soup recipe. This soup is easy to make in a crock pot and packed with all of the flavors of traditional jalapeño poppers.
The best part about this recipe is you can lessen or add more jalapeños depending on how spicy you want this crock pot chicken soup.
You are going to love this easy crock pot jalapeño poppers chicken soup recipe. Give it a try and come back and let us know what you think!
Ingredients for crock pot jalapeño popper chicken soup:
Here is what you’ll need to make this easy and delicious jalapeño popper soup recipe!
- Chicken Breasts – You’ll need 3 boneless breasts for this recipe.
- Taco Seasoning – I use this homemade taco seasoning recipe.
- Fresh Jalapeño Peppers – I deseeded and diced them into small pieces.
- Onion – Diced into small pieces.
- White Great Northern Beans
- Cream of Chicken Soup (or our homemade cream of chicken soup)
- Chicken Broth
- Cream Cheese
What size crock pot is needed?
I recommend using at least a 6 quart crock pot when making soups or stews to hold all the ingredients and broth needed to create these recipes.
Also, using a slightly larger crock pot ensures that you don’t make a huge mess when making this jalapeño popper chicken soup recipe.
If you love crock pot cooking as much as I do, check out all my favorite crock pot recipes here!
How to make jalapeño popper chicken soup:
First, add the chicken breasts in the bottom of a crock pot. Then season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
Next pour in the diced jalapeños, diced onion, beans, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth.
Stir to gently combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 3-4 hours.
After the cook time, remove chicken and shred. Add the chicken back to crock pot. Then dice the cream cheese and add the cream cheese into the crock pot. Cover and cook until the cheeses melt.
While the cream cheese is melting in the crock pot, cook the bacon until it’s crispy. This Air Fryer Bacon Recipe is a great way to prepare the bacon quickly. Then chop up the cooked bacon into smaller bite size pieces.
Add in the cooked bacon stirring it into the soup right before serving (save some for the topping). Serve immediately topped with cheddar cheese, additional jalapeño poppers and bacon. Enjoy!
Tips for this jalapeño poppers chicken soup recipe:
- Use a spoon to easily deseed the jalapeño peppers.
- Check out this tip on how to make shredding the chicken for this recipe even easier with a hand held mixer.
- Do not drain the beans as this makes the soup thicker.
- Once you have added the cream cheeses and cooked it through, uncover and start stirring until the cheeses are well incorporated.
- If you are sensitive to spicy food, reduce the jalapeño peppers in half. Taste test the soup once it’s finished and you can add more jalapeño peppers to the top of the soup if more spice is wanted.
What to serve with Jalapeño Popper Soup?
This soup is very filling on it’s own. I love topping it with sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and additional diced jalapeño peppers.
Also, I love serving this soup with a side salad and bread. Here are some of my favorite bread recipes that will go great with this easy soup recipe.
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks
- Stuffed Cheesy Bread
- Cornbread Muffins Recipe
Print recipe here:
Try this easy crock pot jalapeño poppers chicken soup recipe. This delicious crock pot jalapeño poppers chicken chili is perfect for cold days.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 2 fresh jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 2 cans white great northern beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (14.5 oz.)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lb bacon Reserve 3 pieces for toppings
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 fresh Jalapeño chopped and reserved some for topping
Place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, and taco seasoning on top.
Pour in jalapeños, onion, beans, soup, and chicken broth.
Stir to combine.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Remove the chicken and shred. Add chicken back to crock pot.
Dice up the cream cheese and stir it into the crock pot. Cover and allow it to melt.
Meanwhile fry up your bacon. Chop up the cooked bacon.
Stir in most of the bacon (leaving some for toppings).
Serve with your favorite toppings: Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeños, and More Bacon!
You can lessen or add more jalapeños depending on how spicy you want this crock pot chicken soup.
Try these easy crock pot soup recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Green Enchilada Chicken Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Quinoa Soup Recipe
- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Potato Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
More jalapeño popper recipes:
- Gluten Free Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Recipe
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers recipe
- Jalapeño Popper Dip Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
- Jalapeño Poppers Stuffed Pork Chops
- Delicious Jalapeño Poppers Corn Casserole
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños