My family loves jalapeño poppers. I knew they were going to love this Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole Recipe. If you use precooked chicken, you can easily get this dinner on the table in just 30 minutes.
Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole Recipe:
Jalapeño Popper Chicken casserole is seriously the best therefore, everyone loves it! The creamy sauce has just the right amount of heat but it’s still mild enough for the entire family.
Although jalapeño peppers are throughout the Jalapeño Popper Chicken casserole, the kids still ask for seconds!
From the shredded chicken, jalapeños, cream cheese and bacon this recipe is so easy to make. Dinner can be done in about 30 minutes which is one of the reasons why I love this easy recipe.
We love making casseroles! Casseroles make my life so much easy as they are full of flavor and all the ingredients go into one pan!
Let’s get started with this quick and easy casserole!
They are great because you just throw them away when you are done. We use them often. They help out on those crazy busy nights and are perfect for bringing over for a party!
You can prepare the chicken ahead of time, and then add to this casserole when you are ready to eat. If you want to prepare this casserole the night before, you will save you even more time!
Ingredients for Jalapeño Chicken Casserole:
- cooked chicken, diced
- cream cheese
- bowtie pasta
- Monterrey jack cheese
- cheddar cheese
- chicken broth
- fresh jalapeños – We like to use fresh jalapenos in this recipe.
- bread crumbs
How to make Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole:
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, boil the pasta until al dente, to make sure it isn’t mushy.
- Then in a pan, melt the cream cheese and chicken broth and milk.
- After these ingredients are melted and combined, add in the Monterey jack cheese and stir to melt.
- After that add in the pasta and the diced jalapeños to the cream cheese mixture. Save a few of the diced jalapeños for the top of the casserole!
- Then add chicken and pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Finally, top the casserole with the bread crumbs.
- Cover the casserole and bake for 20 minutes. After this cook time, take the cover off.
- Then top the casserole with the cheddar cheese, remaining jalapeños and diced up bacon.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve this chicken dish with a side salad for an easy dinner idea.
Jalapeno Chicken Casserole:
This Jalapeño Chicken Casserole is so yummy! It has that perfect blend of cheese and spice.
This Jalapeno casserole is a bit spicy, but not too much that you can’t handle it. Our kids devoured it and they all came back for seconds.
You could even freeze it or make it the night before so you just have to toss it in the oven. The options are endless!
Either way, I think you will agree that this dinner is delicious.
How to freeze:
The Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole freezes great! When I make I like to make a few casseroles that I can freeze for an upcoming busy night.
You can also refrigerate up to 3-4 days in an air tight container or freeze up to a month.
Also you an easily freeze individual size portions of this recipe so that they can easily be heated up for lunch.
It makes it so easy to reheat when the food is already in an individual container. We grab one and out the door we go!
Easy Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole Variations:
Use a Rotisserie chicken – Using precooked chicken breasts makes this recipe so easy to prepare. I have used rotisserie chicken to make this dinner evene asier.
Use Chicken Thighs – Cooked chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts is also a great substitution.
Mix in Garlic Powder – This is one of those delicious recipes that you can easily swap out some of the ingredients. We do this a lot for what we already have or can get on sale. Garlic powder is great in this recipe.
Make it keto friendly – If you are following the keto diet, you can remove the pasta. The recipe will still be so delicious!
Substitute Jalapenos – Everyone loves the jalapeño flavor so this casserole dish is a hit. If you do not like jalapeno peppers, you can substitute with a can of green chilies for a different flavor.
Change the Cheese – Feel free to use whatever cheese you have. I have tried a variety of cheese and they all tasted amazing.
Add in Sour cream – Sour cream is a great addition.
Saving time and money!
I can save money by using food from my freezer or pantry. I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save your money for something else instead of dinner.
Easy recipes like this one keep my family happy and also my grocery budget in good shape. Because of using easy chicken recipes, I can keep our grocery budget reasonable. It really is the best.
Print this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole Recipe:
Jalapeño Popper Chicken Caseerole
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 8 oz cream cheese (diced into small pieces)
- 16 oz bowtie pasta
- 2 cups monterrey jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 jalapeño (deseeded and diced)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta to al dente based on the package instructions.
- In a a large sauce pan, heat the cream cheese, chicken broth and milk. Stir and heat until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Add in the Monterey Jack cheese and stir to melt.
- Then stir in the pasta and the diced jalapeños (save a few of the diced jalapeños for the top).
- Mix in the cooked diced chicken and pour into a 9×13 baking dish. Top the casserole with bread crumbs. Cover the casserole dish with foil.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the casserole and top with the shredded cheddar cheese, remaining diced jalapeños and crumbled bacon.
- Cover uncovered for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Check out these jalapeño popper recipes:
- Jalapeno Poppers Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- Delicious Jalapeno Poppers Corn Casserole Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Jalapeno Poppers Chicken Soup Recipe
- Gluten Free Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Recipe
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers recipe
Try these other easy casserole ideas:
- Crock Pot Creamy Roasted Red Peppers Chicken Casserole
- Easy Chicken Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Crack Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Crockpot Low Carb Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Easy Low Carb Taco Casserole Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe