This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Try this easy Jalapeño Popper Corn Casserole recipe at your next holiday. Jalapeño corn casserole is amazing and so easy!
This corn casserole is perfect for the holidays
Everyone has to have creamy corn casserole around the holidays. At least I know that it is a tradition in our family. This year I decided to jazz it up and make a delicious Jalapeño Popper Corn Casserole recipe.
I love jalapeño poppers and I love corn casserole so I thought the two combined would be amazing! I’m not going to lie to you. This recipe turned out amazing. It is a big thicker and crumblier than your traditional casserole, but you are going to love it. It is simply packed with flavor!
You may also love this Easy Jalapeno Corn Casserole.
Easy Jalapeño Corn Casserole Recipe
Give this easy recipe a try. I know it will not disappoint! Make sure you click print recipe below so you can keep this delicious side dish recipe handy!
- All Purpose flour
- Yellow cornmeal
- White sugar
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter; melted
- Creamed style corn
- Corn, drained
- Fresh jalapeños; seeded and diced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon; cooked to a crisp and chopped
How to make Jalapeño Popper Corn Casserole:
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then you need to combine all of the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat the softened cream cheese, butter, and egg with a mixer until all of the ingredients are combined.
Next, in another mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda. Whisk everything together until fully combined.
After that, combine cream cheese mixture and flour mixture together in the large mixing bowl and beat everything until combined.
Then add to the mixing bowl, the creamed corn, the regular corn, shredded cheese, and the diced jalapeño peppers. For the whole kernel corn, you can use either one can of corn that has been drained or you can use frozen corn. If you’re using frozen corn you’ll need roughly 1 ½ cups.
After everything is added to the bowl, stir until combined. Next, pour your mixture into a 2 quart baking dish. You can also use a 9×13 pan if you want a corn casserole that isn’t so thick.
Lastly top the unbaked casserole with the chopped bacon. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the corn casserole begins to brown.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
I know you are going to love this fun Jalapeño Poppers Corn Casserole recipe. Make it for Thanksgiving, for Christmas, or any special occasion and you will impress your guests!
Variations for Jalapeno Popper Corn Casserole:
If you’re worried about the heat in this jalapeño corn casserole, you can easily sub green chilies in place of the jalapeños, just make sure that you get the mild canned variety instead of hot. I’ve been guilty of that mistake before!
You can easily cut the calories down a bit by using a lower fat cream cheese, like Neufchatel. Or another great substitution that I’ve done when I was running low on cream cheese is to cut the cream cheese in half and add ⅓ cup of sour cream in its place. Again, you can use a lower fat sour cream, if desired as well.
Print your Jalapeno Popper Corn Casserole recipe below:
Delicious Jalapeño Poppers Corn Casserole recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- (8 oz cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (½ cup)
- (1) 15 ounce can creamed style corn (do not drain)
- (1) 15 ounce can corn (drained)
- 1 egg
- 1 fresh jalapeños seeded and diced (use two jalapeños if you want it spicier)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon (cooked to a crisp and chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine soften cream cheese, butter, and egg. Beat with a mixer until combined.
- In another mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda. Whisk together until combined.
- Combine these dry ingredients and wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl and beat until combined. The mixture will be thick.
- Add to the mixing bowl, the creamed corn, the regular corn, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and the diced jalapeños.
- Stir by hand until well combined.
- Place in a 9X13 baking pan (or a 2 quart baking pan) sprayed with a baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the center is set.
- Top the casserole with the remaining cheddar cheese and diced bacon
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Casseroles:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Easy Corn Casserole recipe
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe with Apples
- Easy Corn Casserole
- Traditional Green Bean Casserole
- Easy Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole Recipe
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Poppers Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Keto Friendly Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Jalapeno Popper Burger Sliders
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Cheesy Bread