This Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe is one of my new favorite recipes. Yummy chicken breasts full of a creamy jalapeño cheesy stuffing that the entire family will love. Plus, don’t they look beautiful?!
This cheesy jalapeño popper chicken is delicious!
Remember my favorite Jalapeno Poppers Burger Sliders Recipe? You all loved that recipe, so I knew that I needed to try a chicken version!
This jalapeño popper stuffed chicken has all my favorite flavors of a jalapeño popper wrapped up in a delicious and moist chicken breast. If you love jalapeño poppers, you are going to love this stuffed chicken recipe!
How do you stuff a chicken breast?
If you’re new to cooking at home, a stuffed chicken breast recipe might seem a little bit intimidating but I promise, it’s not as hard as it seems.
There are two ways that you can stuff a chicken breast. One is to cut a pocket into a large chicken breast and stuff the insides into this pock on the chicken.
The other way is to flatten out the chicken, layer the stuff on top and roll the chicken around this stuffing. This is the process that I follow for this recipe. I find that it evenly distributes the insides better so that each bite will have some of the delicious filling for this chicken recipe.
Equipment needed for jalapeño popper chicken:
I used a meat tenderizer for this recipe. This helps flatten out the chicken and makes it’s easy to wrap once you layer on all the jalapeño popper goodness.
You’ll also need a baking dish for this recipe. Any that you have on hand will work. I also used a digital meat thermometer for this recipe to make sure that the chicken is cooked through. You can also cut it slightly to make sure that it’s no longer pink as well to ensure that it’s cooked through.
You only need six ingredients to make this popper stuffed chicken recipe!
- Chicken Breasts – I used 4 for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Jalapeño Peppers, seeded and diced – This gives this chicken recipe a nice little kick.
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese – Cheddar Cheese would be delicious too!
- Bread Crumbs, Panko Breadcrumbs, Crushed Crackers, Chips or Plain Cereal – I used Wasa Mulitgrain Crispread
- Salt and Pepper – To season the chicken.
How to make jalapeño popper stuffed chicken:
First preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish.
Place 1 chicken breast between a folded piece of plastic wrap. Use a meat tenderizer to flatten the breast to 1/2″ thickness.
Remove the plastic wrap and spread ¼ of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the chicken breast.
Roll the chicken breast tightly. Place the bread crumbs or other coating choice is a medium bowl.
Then place the rolled chicken into the crushed breading. Cover the outside of the chicken with the crushed breading to make sure that it’s completely covered in the breading.
- Don’t over stuff the chicken. Make sure that you use approximately ¼ of the cream cheese mixture for each chicken breasts in this recipe.
- If your chicken starts to unroll when you’re coating it with the bread crumbs, use toothpicks to the hold the chicken in place to prevent this.
- Wrap the chicken in plastic wrap before flattening it with the meat tenderizer to prevent a large mess when flattening in the chicken.
- Add ¼ tsp garlic powder to your bread crumbs to add a slight garlic flavor to your chicken.
What do you serve with jalapeño popper chicken?
This chicken breasts stuffed with jalapeño poppers is very filling and perfect with a side salad. You can also serve this easy chicken recipe with some of my favorite easy veggie recipes.
- Pan Fried Zucchini Slices
- Easy Parmesan Roasted Zucchini Recipe
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
Print recipe for Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken here:
Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (crushed crackers, chips or plain cereal)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapeno peppers and ¼ cup of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Place 1 chicken breast between a folded piece of plastic wrap. Use a meat tenderizer to flatten the breast to 1/2" thickness.
- Remove the plastic wrap and spread ¼ of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breast and place into the crushed breading, evenly coating. If necessary, use toothpicks to keep the chicken breast rolled up.
- Place chicken into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Top with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese and let set for 2 minutes before serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy jalapeño popper recipes:
- Jalapeño Popper Dip Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
- Jalapeño Poppers Stuffed Pork Chops
- Delicious Jalapeño Poppers Corn Casserole
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños
More Easy Chicken Dinner Ideas:
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Grilled Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Foil Packet Bacon Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Chicken and Corn Chowder Recipe