Crock Pot Quinoa Soup Recipe is slow cooked to perfection. The entire soup is filling but light enough to enjoy year round. It is the best comfort food and so easy.
Crock Pot Quinoa Soup Recipe
I love soup weather and this recipe for Crock Pot Quinoa Soup is so healthy and amazing. The crock pot does all of the work and your house will smell wonderful as this soup simmers.
This soup is packed with so many great things. The veggies take on the best flavor and the broth is savory and delicious.
One thing I love about this soup is how versatile it is and it is great any time of the year. It will leave you satisfied but not so heavy that you can’t enjoy it during warmer months. It really is perfect all year round.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a high in protein seed that belongs to the Amaranth Family. Most people use Quinoa as a substitute if you are vegan or vegetarian because of the protein content.
It rich in dietary fiber, Vitamin B, and many other health benefits. This soup is also gluten free. Quinoa seeds is a complete protein. It has all the amino acids that your body needs.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Quinoa Soup:
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Thyme
- Diced Tomatoes
- Vegetable Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Bay Leaves
- Great Northern Beans
- Fresh Kale
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
How to Make Quinoa Soup in the Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Add Ingredients to Slow Cooker – Add in the quinoa and all the other ingredients except for the kale and cheese to a 6 quart crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cover and Cook – Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 3 – Add in Kale – Stir in the chopped kale. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until the kale is wilted.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the bay leaves. Serve warm topped with the parmesan cheese and enjoy.
What to Serve with Quinoa Soup:
You definitely want to serve this soup with bread. The broth is amazing and the bread is perfect for dipping.
- Homemade Dinner Rolls – Pick up a loaf of French bread from the bakery or make these easy homemade dinner rolls.
- Garlic Cheese Sticks – We also love this Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe if you love cheese bread.
- Parmesan Cheese – We like to top with shredded cheese but that is optional. I like freshly grated Parmesan.
Do I need to Rinse Quinoa before adding?
We recommend rinsing the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer before adding to the slow cooker. Quinoa as a naturally bitter coating on it that needs to be rinsed before adding.
Some brands will indicate on their packaging if the quinoa has been pre-rinsed. If it has been pre-rinsed that you are good to just dump it in your slow cooker.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Meat – Add chicken or sausage to this delicious soup. This will give your soup more protein and make it even heartier.
- Potatoes – Potatoes are a good option to add in. You can add in sweet potatoes or regular potatoes. Make sure to cut about the same size.
- Beans – Add in beans to make the soup my filling. We recommend black beans, kidney beans, or lentils. They add so much flavor and texture to the soup.
- Seasoning – For added flavor, add in some seasoning. We recommend red pepper flakes, red chili powder, or cayenne pepper.
- Cheese – We top our soup with parmesan cheese but you can also top it with mozzarella cheese or any cheese you prefer.
- Broth – We used vegetable broth in this soup, but you can easily use chicken broth.
- Vegetables – You can easily add in or change vegetables to what you have on hand. Use green bell peppers instead of red or add in broccoli.
- Lemon Juice – Before serving, you can squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Easy and delicious and gives the soup so much flavor.
Tips for Slow Cooker Quinoa Soup:
- Thicker Broth – The longer the soup cooks in the slow cooker the thicker the broth will be. If you want a more thinner broth, make sure to remove from heat as soon as the quinoa pops.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary so adjust your time accordingly based on your slow cooker.
- Crock Pot Recommendation – We used a 6 quart slow cooker so you just want to make sure that it is large enough to hold everything. We recommend this Instant Pot Aura because of its different options.
- Kale – Add in the chopped kale when you have about 30 minutes remaining on the cooking time.
Can I Make Quinoa in the Instant Pot?
Yes, this would be the perfect soup in the instant pot. Instant Pot Quinoa Soup is the perfect weeknight meal and is ready within about 15 minutes.
Using the Instant Pot has been a game changer for my family. It has saved me time and money.
How to Store Quinoa Vegetable Soup:
We love having this soup leftover. We actually think it taste better the next day. All the ingredients really marinate together overnight making so flavorful.
Place the leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. The soup will stay fresh for up to one week if stored properly.
Can I Freeze Quinoa Slow Cooker Soup?
Yes, this soup freezes great if stored properly. If you need tips and tricks on how to freeze soup, we have all the step by step instructions here.
Place the soup in a freezer safe container. Put it in the freezer and it will stay fresh for up to 2 months. We like to store in individual containers so I can easily eat for lunch.
Easy and Delicious Vegetable Quinoa Soup:
This soup is so versatile and a great soup recipe. We love that it is a hearty soup that is full of flavor. Add whatever vegetables that you prefer. The slow cooker makes this the perfect weeknight soup as it does all the work.
You can make this soup in your instant pot or on the stove top in a large pot. It is delicious and easy to make. This soup would be perfect for meatless Mondays or any day of the week.
It is a filling soup that my entire family enjoys. This is the perfect soup to get your veggies and protein in while still being healthy.
Print Crock Pot Quinoa Soup Recipe below:
Crock pot Quinoa Soup
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (28 oz can)
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed well)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or Chicken Broth)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 can great northern white beans (15 oz can – rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup fresh kale (chopped)
- Optional garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add all the ingredients except for the kale and cheese to a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in the chopped kale. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until the kale is wilted.
- Remove the bay leaves. Serve warm topped with the parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Soup Recipes:
- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe