Get dinner on the table in under 5 minutes with this easy Instant Pot Quinoa Soup Recipe. Loaded with hearty vegetables and quinoa, this soup is comfort food in each bite.
Instant Pot Quinoa Soup Recipe:
There is so much to love about this delicious quinoa soup instant pot recipe. It is literally bursting with flavor and such an amazing soup recipe.
Even better, the pressure cooker makes this recipe even easier. You can literally put dinner together in minutes. In less time than getting take out, you can have this soup ready to eat from start to finish.
This healthy, vegan, gluten-free soup is delicious. Even my kids will eat it. You will love how fast and easy this tasty soup is to make.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a high in protein seed that belongs to the Amaranth Family. Most people use Quinoa as a substitute if you are vegan or vegetarian because of the protein content.
It rich in dietary fiber, Vitamin B, and many other health benefits.
Easy Instant Pot Recipe:
We love using out instant pot. It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all.
Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. We love ours.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Celery Stalks
- Yellow Squash
- Red Bell Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Thyme
- Diced Tomatoes
- Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Bay Leaves
- Great Northern Beans
- Fresh Kale
- Optional garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Pressure Cooker Quinoa Soup:
This is one of the easiest recipes but so incredibly delicious.
- Step 1 – Heat the oil in the instant pot on the sauté setting. Add in the diced onions, carrots and celery to the instant pot. Sauté until they are tender (3-5 minutes).
- Step 2 – Then add in all the remaining ingredients except for the fresh kale and Parmesan Cheese. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 3 – Place the instant pot lid on and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Step 4 – Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. When finished cooking, do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Step 5 – Switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the fresh kale. Heat for 3-5 minutes until the kale has softened.
- Step 6 – This is optional but we love to top our bowls of soup with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Quinoa Soup?
- French Bread – Bread is a must so that you can have something to dip into that delicious soup. Pick up a loaf of french bread from the bakery or make these easy homemade dinner rolls.
- Garlic Cheese Bread – We also love this Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe with soup.
- Rice – You can also serve this soup over some rice. It is filling and delicious over some white rice.
Tips for Quinoa Vegetable Soup:
- Sauté Vegetables – Before adding in all the ingredients, sauté the carrots, onions, and celery for a few minutes.
- Kale – Add in the Kale to the pressure cooker once you have cooked the other ingredients for about 5 minutes.
- Cutting Vegetables – We recommend cutting the vegetables about the same size. This ensure that they are cooked about the same time.
- Quinoa – We like to buy quality quinoa to make this soup. We think it taste better and better texture.
Quinoa Soup Variations:
- Potatoes – Potatoes are a good option to add in. You can add in sweet potatoes or regular potatoes. Make sure to cut about the same size.
- Beans – Add in beans to make the soup my filling. We recommend black beans, kidney beans, or lentils. They add so much flavor and texture to the soup.
- Seasoning – For added flavor, add in some seasoning. We recommend red pepper flakes, red chili powder, or cayenne pepper.
- Cheese – We top our soup with parmesan cheese but you can also top it with mozzarella cheese or any cheese you prefer.
- Broth – We used vegetable broth in this soup, but you can easily use chicken broth.
- Vegetables – You can easily add in or change vegetables to what you have on hand. Use green bell peppers instead of red or add in broccoli.
Can I Make Quinoa Soup in the Crock Pot?
Yes, this soup can made in the slow cooker or on the stove top. Add all the ingredients except for the Kale and Parmesan cheese to the slow cooker. Cook on low for about 7 hours.
Then stir in Kale and cook for about 15 minutes. The results are an amazing soup you can come home to.
How to Store:
We love having this soup leftover. We actually think it taste better the next day. All the ingredients really marinate together overnight making so flavorful.
Place the leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. The soup will stay fresh for up to one week if stored properly.
How to Freeze Soup:
We love to freeze leftover soup. If you are needing all the tips and trick to freezing soup, we have all the tips on How to Freeze Soup.
This soup freezes great by placing in a freezer safe container. Place in the freezer and it will stay fresh for up to 2 months. We like to store in individual containers so I can easily eat for lunch.
Try Instant Pot Quinoa Soup Recipe this week:
However you decide to make this soup with quinoa, it is a win win. We love pressure cooking but have used the stove top before as well.
This soup is so versatile and a great soup recipe. We love that it is a hearty soup that is full of flavor. Add whatever vegetables that you prefer. The instant pot makes this the perfect weeknight soup.
Print this Quinoa instant pot soup recipe below:
Instant Pot Quinoa Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 yellow squash (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz. can)
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed well)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can great northern beans 15 oz can (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup fresh kale (chopped)
- Optional garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in the instant pot on the sauté setting. Add in the diced onions, carrots and celery to the instant pot. Sauté until they are tender (3-5 minutes).
- Then add in all the remaining ingredients except for the fresh kale and Parmesan Cheese. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Place the instant pot lid on and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. When finished cooking, do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the fresh kale. Heat for 3-5 minutes until the kale has softened.
- Serve warm topped with the parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy instant pot soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe