This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup is so creamy and delicious. Toss everything into the slow cooker for an easy meal that is hearty and flavorful.
Soup is so easy and a favorite meal around here. There is something very comforting about a bowl of soup. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup is so easy thanks to the crock pot and a great lunch or dinner option.
If you are looking for meatless Monday recipes, this easy butternut squash soup does not disappoint. We also love Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup, Crock Pot Black Bean Soup or Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe for another delicious one pot meal idea.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Soup:
This soup is smooth, creamy and has a tender texture. It is loaded with flavor and the perfect soup to serve on a cold fall day. We love it just the way it is made, but meat can be added.
The hearty fall flavor and rich texture makes this creamy soup a family favorite.
- Minced Garlic
- Carrot Stick, peeled and chopped
- Medium Butternut Squash – peeled, seeded and diced
- Onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Maple Syrup
- Cayenne – (also try our Best Cayenne Pepper Substitute if you don’t like cayenne or do not have any in your pantry)
- Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk
Scroll to the bottom to the recipe card to see the full recipe.
- Vegetables – This vegetarian soup can be made with other types of root vegetables. Try it with sweet potatoes for a delicious creamy soup.
- Meat – This soup is taste amazing as it is made, but feel free to mix in cooked meat. We recommend chopped bacon or cooked sausage.
- Seasoning – For added flavor, you can add in fresh herbs or other types of spices. A teaspoon ground cinnamon or curry powder.
- Frozen Butternut Squash – You can use frozen butternut squash to make this recipe. You can thaw the butternut squash and remove any moisture. Feel free to also place the frozen squash to the crock pot and increase cooking time.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Add all the ingredients except for the coconut milk to the crock pot. Cover crock pot with lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Step 2 – Add the coconut milk to the crock pot for the last 30 minutes of the cook time.
Step 3 – Use an immersion blender or a traditional blender to puree the soup until smooth after this cook time.
Step 4 – Serve the soup warm with your favorite homemade bread.
- Preparing Vegetables – Before adding the vegetables to the soup, peel and dice them about the same size with a vegetable peeler. This ensure that they the veggies cook evenly.
- Adding Coconut Milk – Add the coconut milk towards the end of the cooking time. This prevents the milk from breaking down and allows the milk to blend smoothly to the coconut milk.
- Blending Ingredients – Use a blender to puree the soup to thicken and blend the veggies.
What to Serve with Butternut Squash Soup:
Our favorite combination is a simple salad with mixed greens and these Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls . The soup is perfect for dipping and the rolls help you get every last drop.
Feel free to grab a loaf of French bread from your local grocery story or bakery and serve that with the soup. Just do what is easiest for you!
You can even serve over the top of white rice or quinoa for a filling soup idea.
We love to add cayenne pepper to the top of the soup. If you do not like spice, I recommend leaving it out. I also like to topped mine with some additional pumpkin seeds, coconut milk and parsley.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers:
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. This soup will last about 3 days in the fridge. We think this soup taste even better the next day.
More Crock Pot Soup Recipes:
- Crockpot Black Bean Cilantro Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lentil Soup Recipe
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Crockpot Butternut Squash Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup
- Add all the ingredients except for the coconut milk to the crock pot.
- Cover crock pot with lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the coconut milk to the crock pot for the last 30 minutes of the cook time.
- Use an immersion blender or a traditional blender to puree the soup until smooth after this cooktime.
- Serve warm.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe