This Foil Packet Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe is perfect for the grill, campfire, or in the oven. Everyone will enjoy the sweet and tangy combination of pineapple and barbecue sauce.
Foil packet Hawaiian BBQ chicken recipe is so easy.
I have another Easy grilling recipe! In our family, especially in the warmer months, we want dinner to be fast and fabulous.
We would rather be playing kickball with the kids, swimming, or watching a movie to cool off from outside. The last thing we want to do is hang out in the kitchen slaving over a big fancy dinner. Anyone else like this too?
Now, we would also love to do this in the winter as well but that time of year often forces us inside. No worries though because this recipe isn’t just for the grill but amazing in the oven!
As you can see, it is a meal you can enjoy all year long. It provides you a quick and easy dinner idea that everyone will love.
I don’t know about your family but my kids think eating out of a foil packet is pretty awesome! Everyone can personalize their own foil packet dinner to their liking and it takes the stress out of dinner time.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Pineapple Rings – We used a pineapple ring but pineapple chunks would work just as well. Just use what you have.
- Bell Pepper
- Barbecue Sauce – Store bought is fine but we love this easy homemade barbecue sauce.
- Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
Products you need:
- heavy duty foil – You can use regular foil but I recommend double wrapping it if you do. Heavy duty is really best and helps to prevent spills and messes.
How to make grilled Hawaiian bbq chicken:
1. First, take 4 slices of foil and spray each one with cooking spray. Mix together the barbecue sauce, soy sauce and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Second, add a chicken breast. Go ahead and season the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Next, add a slice of pineapple to each piece of chicken. Pour bbq sauce on top. I like to be generous but you do not want it floating in sauce. Usually about 1/4 cup is the perfect amount in each packet.
4. Finally, fold the sides of foil up to make your packet. Put each one on the grill or campfire for about 20 to 25 minutes. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Please be careful opening each foil pack. Enjoy!
You can also garnish with green onion if you prefer.
How to bake:
Make each packet as instructed and place in the oven at 425 degrees. This should take 30-35 minutes for the chicken to cook and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Try this foil packet Hawaiian bbq chicken.
The flavor in this bbq Hawaiian chicken is simply the best. I love the sweet pineapple combined with the barbecue sauce and soy sauce. The flavor is really special and so amazing.
Print this easy grilled Hawaiian bbq chicken:
Easy grilling recipe! This Foil Packet Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe is perfect for the grill, campfire, or in the oven. Try this foil packet dinner today!
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts (approximately 4 breasts)
- 2 Bell Peppers (any color – diced into large pieces)
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 slices Pineapple Rings (fresh or from a can)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
In a small mix bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Coat 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
Top each piece of foil with a filleted chicken breast.
Top with the pineapple slice and the bell peppers evenly among the 4 foil packs.
Drizzle about a 1/4 cup of barbecue mixture on each chicken foil packet dinner.
Fold up the sides of the foil to make a foil packet.
Place on the grill or campfire for about 20 to 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
Carefully open and enjoy!
You can also make these foil packets at 425 degrees F for approximately 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
More foil packet recipes:
- Foil Packet Bacon Ranch Chicken recipe
- The Best Hobo Dinner Foil Packet Meal
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes recipe
- Grilled Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe
- Grilled Zucchini Foil Packs Recipe
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Foil Packet Meal
- Easy Foil Pack Santa Fe Chicken Dinner
- Foil Pack Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil recipe
- Foil Pack Grilled Red Potatoes recipe