This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Catalina grilled chicken has the best flavor and tastes amazing on the grill. The entire recipe is so easy. Plus, you can use any type of chicken you prefer with this sweet and tangy dressing.
Catalina grilled chicken is a game changer!
I love buying groceries on sale. Salad dressing is something I always grab several bottles of when a spot a good deal. It’s perfect to save for reicpes like this amazing chicken!
Salad dressing is not just for salads and makes the best marinade for chicken. If you aren’t doing this, you are missing out.
Do you know one of our favorites? Catalina dressing. It is so delicious on chicken and gives it such amazing flavor. If you have a slow cooker, then try our Crock Pot Catalina Chicken.
It is really delicious and so easy to make! The entire meal is super easy. I mean really easy!
We serve it over rice for an easy side that makes dinner so easy during busy weeknights. If you have a pressure cooker, this Instant Pot rice is really fast. You can also make this Crock Pot Rice Recipe.
Oh and if you want to make dinner really fast and easy, learn how to freeze rice! We do this all the time.
Catalina Chicken has only one ingredient – Salad Dressing!
A lot of people say they can’t cook, but everyone can cook. This recipe is proof that anyone can cook some delicious chicken.
Salad dressing is one of our best kept secrets (ok… I guess it isn’t a secret). You can use it to marinade your chicken or glaze it while the chicken is cooking for even more flavor.
You don’t have to plan, prepare, or really even think to make this delicious catalina glazed grilled chicken recipe.
Products I used:
- Basting Brush– This is perfect for adding a little more dressing to the chicken on the grill.
- Freezer bag holders – Totally optional but these are like having another set of hands. We use them all the time when adding food to baggies.
- Grilling tongs – You definitely need these to flip the chicken on the grill.
Do you love to grill as much as our family? I personally love how easy it is to cook dinner and how fun it is because the kids are playing outside while I am grilling. Plus, I have very little cleanup after dinner!
You will definitely get plenty use out of these supplies if you grill as much as we do!
- Chicken breasts – You can also try chicken thighs, chicken tenderloin, chicken legs or any cut of chicken you prefer.
- Catalina salad dressing (Try our Homemade Catalina Dressing Recipe)
- salt and pepper
How to make Catalina Chicken on the grill:
1. First, put the chicken in a large ziplock bag. I like to use the gallon size and one of these helpful hands free holders here. If you don’t have any bags on hand, just use a large bowl.
2. Second, add the salad dressing all over the chicken breasts. Add the salt and pepper. Seal the ziplock bag and shake everything up to make sure all of the chicken is well coated.
This is best if you can marinade the chicken the night before. The flavor is so amazing. However, if you are short on time, try to at least let it marinade for 4 hours.
3. Next, grill the chicken on medium high heat. It does take long at all to cook and usually less than 10 minutes per side depending on how large your chicken is.
Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
4. Lastly, allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes and enjoy!
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Vegetable Packets
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Grilled Broccoli Side Dish Recipe
- See Best Grilled Chicken Sides for more ideas.
Enjoy this easy meal.
Catalina dressing is so tasty and this goes from grill to table in less than 30 minutes. We love this dressing so much that we even use it to make this chicken in the crock pot.
This is so good, Your kids won’t even ask for ketchup. Give this a try and let us know how you like it.
Print this Catalina Grilled Chicken Recipe below:
Catalina Glazed Grilled Chicken
- Place the chicken in a bowl or a large storage bag.
- Pour the salad dressing over the chicken and season with the salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly coat the chicken with the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill the chicken over medium high heat. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Make sure you check out more grilling recipes:
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- How to Grill Bell Peppers!
- An Easy & Delicious Recipe – Grilled Zucchini Spears
- Teri-Q Chicken Marinade Recipe
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Easy Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Easy Grilled Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Grilled Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with BBQ
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Recipe