Crock pot catalina chicken is sweet and tangy and the combination turns chicken into something special. The slow cooker makes it easy and dinner is a breeze on busy nights.
Crock pot catalina chicken is a crowd pleaser!
We eat a lot of chicken and I’m always looking for new ideas that the entire family will love. This delicious Catalina chicken is definitely a hit around here and it couldn’t be any easier.
The peach preserves and tangy catalina dressing really jazz up chicken. It is the best!
Did you try our Catalina Grilled Chicken? If you are in the mood to grill, that is a great option with a ton of flavor.
Ok, back to the recipe! The slow cooker saves me during the week from being tempted to get take out. I can put this delicious slow cooker chicken in the crock pot in the morning and come home to dinner ready to go. I have spent more time than it takes to make this waiting on my food order at a restaurant and it’s never as good as home cooked food.
Your family will love this easy and delicious recipe. The sauce is almost like a glaze and the kids ask for this dish all the time.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts (Approximately 6 Chicken Breasts but I often cut them up into smaller pieces to make it easier for the kids.) You can also use chicken thighs, chicken tenderloin or anything you prefer. Pork chops also work in this recipe and taste delicious.
- Catalina Salad Dressing
- Peach Preserves – You can also use apricot preserves.
- Dry Onion Soup Mix
- Pepper – Sometimes I add in red pepper flakes for extra heat with the black pepper.
- Cold Water
How to make crock pot Catalina chicken:
1. First, get a small bowl and mix together the salad dressing, peach preserves, onion soup mix and pepper.
2. Second, put the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
3. Next, pour the Catalina dressing mixture over the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or high for about 2 to 2.5 hours. You want to make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
5. Now, it is time to thicken the sauce. You will need a small bowl to mix the cornstarch and water in. After this is combined, stir this mixture into the crock pot for the last few minutes of cooking time. I normally do this in the last 30 minutes.
The sauce will thicken nicely!
Tips for slow cooker:
- Make sure you have a good crock pot. I love my Ninja Cooking System because you can brown meat all in the same pot for recipes that call for that.
- Programmable crock pot – Great for when you are going to be away.
- Liners– We use crock pot liners to just toss and go. You will love how easy clean up is.
- Rice- The sauce is really tasty so I love to spoon a bunch over rice. I could eat it by the spoonful because it is that good. Try Instant Pot rice or this Crock Pot Rice Recipe. Learn how to freeze rice and save even more time with this easy meal.
- Salad- Slice the chicken and serve over your favorite salad greens. This is delicious and also a great way to enjoy leftovers. Sometimes, I will pack this up for lunch the next day or later in the week. Yum!
Print this slow cooker Catalina chicken recipe below:
Crock pot catalina chicken
- 3 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts Approximately 6 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Catalina Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup Peach Preserves
- 1 Packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Cold Water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Catalina Salad Dressing, Peach Preserves, Onion Soup Mix and Pepper.
- Place the chicken in a 6 quart crock pot. Pour the Catalina dressing mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-2.5 hours until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water together in a small bowl. Stir this mixture into the crock pot for the last 30 minutes of the cooking time to thicken the sauce.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe