This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Catalina Chicken is sweet and tangy and the combination turns chicken into something special. The slow cooker makes it easy and dinner is a breeze on busy nights.
We eat a lot of chicken and I’m always looking for new ideas that the entire family will love. This delicious Catalina chicken is definitely a hit around here and it couldn’t be any easier.
Your family will love this easy and delicious chicken recipe. The sauce is almost like a glaze and the kids ask for this dish all the time.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
Have you try our Catalina Grilled Chicken? If you are in the mood to grill, that is a great option with a ton of flavor. Like this grilled chicken recipe, the slow cooker cooks the chicken tender with amazing savory flavor.
The peach preserves and tangy Catalina dressing really jazz up chicken. The slow cooker saves me during the week from being tempted to get take out.
I can put this delicious slow cooker chicken in the crock pot in the morning and come home to dinner ready to go.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Catalina Salad Dressing (Try our Homemade Catalina Dressing Recipe)
- Peach Preserves
- Dry Onion Soup Mix (Homemade Onion Soup Mix)
- Cold Water
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Chicken – You can also use chicken thighs, chicken tenderloin or anything you prefer. Pork chops also work in this recipe and taste delicious.
- Jelly – You can also use apricot preserves like in this Crock Pot Apricot Chicken recipe.
- Seasoning – Sometimes I add in red pepper flakes for extra heat with the black pepper.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – In a small bowl and mix together the salad dressing, peach preserves, onion soup mix and pepper.
- Step 2 – Second, put the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Step 3 – Next, pour the Catalina dressing mixture over the chicken.
- Step 4 – Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or high for about 2 to 2.5 hours. You want to make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Step 5 – Now, it is time to thicken the sauce. You will need a small bowl to mix the cornstarch and water in. After this is combined, stir this mixture into the crock pot for the last few minutes of cooking time. I normally do this in the last 30 minutes.
- Step 6 – Serve and enjoy.
- Programmable crock pot – Great for when you are going to be away.
- Liners– We use crock pot liners to just toss and go. You will love how easy clean up is.
- Chicken – Approximately 6 Chicken Breasts but I often cut them up into smaller pieces to make it easier for the kids. We recommend cutting or cooking about the same size to ensure the chicken cooks evenly.
- Meat Thermometer – Cooking time will vary so we recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure is fully cooked before serving.
- Rice – The sauce is really tasty so I love to spoon a bunch over rice. I could eat it by the spoonful because it is that good. Try Instant Pot rice or this Crock Pot Rice Recipe. Learn how to freeze rice and save even more time with this easy meal.
- Salad – Slice the chicken and serve over your favorite salad greens. This is delicious and also a great way to enjoy leftovers. Sometimes, I will pack this up for lunch the next day or later in the week. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
This chicken taste even better the next day. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Store the leftover chicken in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. You can store this chicken cooked or uncooked.
Thaw the chicken and reheat in the microwave or the oven depending on how much have you have left.
More Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Coca Cola Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
We love to hear from you. If you make this Slow Cooker Catalina Chicken Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Crock pot catalina chicken
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Catalina Salad Dressing, Peach Preserves, Onion Soup Mix and Pepper.
- Place the chicken in a 6 quart crock pot. Pour the Catalina dressing mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-2.5 hours until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water together in a small bowl. Stir this mixture into the crock pot for the last 30 minutes of the cooking time to thicken the sauce.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe