This is the best bbq chicken marinade recipe and you only need 2 ingredients. Try it on grilled or baked chicken for a great meal.
You are going to love this easy marinade. It is seriously the Best BBQ Chicken Marinade. It has become one of our favorite grilling recipes.
It is perfect for all seasons, but especially Spring, Summer, and Fall. You get the idea…basically we love it all the time!
I’m not sure why, but one day I decided to combine BBQ sauce and A1 sauce. The combination is amazing! It has the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. It is now considered the best marinade for grilled chicken to our family.
We have the best tips and tricks to learn how to grill chicken breasts perfectly every time. Try these tips for moist and tender chicken every single time!
Try this quick marinade today.
Best bbq chicken marinade
This one of the best marinades for grilled chicken. I bet your entire family will love it. We love it so much on chicken that we also tried it on pork.
We have basted it on pork chops and we have even made some yummy grilled chicken kabobs. Dinner does not have to be complicated to be amazing!
- A1 steak sauce
- your favorite BBQ sauce (We have an easy homemade BBQ sauce.)
How to make Barbecue chicken marinade
- First, combine the BBQ sauce and the A1 in a bowl. Mix it together well and pour over chicken. Marinade for 3-4 hours or over night.
- Tip: I like to use these Freezer bag holders – They are totally optional but it is like having another pair of hands in the kitchen! You will love how handy they are.
- Next, fire up your grill and put the chicken on the grill grates. This will vary based on the size of your chicken but typically it takes 8-10 minutes per side. You can use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- We really like to mix up an extra batch of the marinade and we like to use a grilling basting brush to brush our chicken while grilling. YUM! That flavor is amazing from that extra step.
Another favorite is grilled corn. Not only is corn easy and fast to cook but so inexpensive.
My only requirement is that it is easy and budget friendly! I’m sure you agree!
Money Saving tip:
I save money on A1 Sauce by waiting for a sale and using coupons. You will most often find BBQ sauce and A1 sauce on sale in the summer months, so stock up in May, June, July, and August.
We love to save money and this helps for sure!
More tips for bbq sauce chicken marinade:
- This is delicious on chicken breasts, chicken thighs, tenderloin and even pork chops.
- Balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar make delicious ingredients to add to a marinade.
- This makes a great freezer meal. Just use a freezer safe container or ziplock bag and freeze the chicken with the marinade. Freeze flat to save room in the freezer. Easy!
Print The Best BBQ Chicken Marinade recipe below:
Looking for more grilling recipes? The best marinade for grilled chicken – best BBQ chicken marinade recipe. Try this Quick Simple Chicken marinade today.
- 3 lbs Chicken Breasts Approximately 6 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup A1 Steak Sauce
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
Place the chicken in a bowl or a large storage bag.
Pour the A1 steak sauce and the barbecue sauce in the bag. Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly coat the chicken with the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
Grill the chicken over medium high heat. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
This marinade is also delicious with chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks too!
More easy chicken marinades:
- Taco Chicken Marinade
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Easy Italian Chicken Marinade