Air Fryer Steak Bites is an easy way to cook your favorite steak. The Air fryer cooks the steak perfect and the simple seasoning gives it so much flavor.
Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy to prepare steak tips, make them in your air fryer. It cooks less than 15 minutes and these steak bites can be used in many different ways. Using the air fryer mean less cleaning and they are even keto friendly.
The air fryer cooks the steak evenly and gives it the crispy edges and tender and juicy on the inside. You can enjoy tender steak bites even on busy weeknights packed with activities. The recipe is that simple and a family favorite.
Air fryer Steaks Bites are made with simple ingredients. You can easily make these in a skillet or on the grill. But the Air fryer is much easier and cooks in less time.
What Type of Steak to Use?
I love that there are many different cuts of meat that you can use for this recipe. We have even used steak that is already cut into bite size pieces and they turned out great.
These options all work great in this recipe.
- New York Strip
- Trip Tip
- Lean Steak, diced into 1 inch pieces
- Olive Oil
- Steak Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
How to Cook Steak Tips in Air Fryer:
- Preheat Air Fryer – Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a pre-heat option than run the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes to warm up.
- Marinade Steak – Then marinade the diced steak in the olive oil, steak seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder and cayenne pepper for at least 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Oil the Air Fryer – Rub the air fryer basket with olive oil so that the steak does not stick to the basket.
- Place steak in Air Fryer – Then using tongs place the steak in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook Steak – Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on how you like your steak prepared. Then flip the steak and cook for an additional 3-4 more minutes until the steak is cooked to your preference.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the steak from the air fryer and let them sit for at least 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy. We like to season with salt and pepper when serving.
How Long to Cook Steak Bites in Air Fryer:
Depending on how you want your steak to be cook, depends on how long your keep your steak in your air fryer. Cooking time will vary based on the air fryer you use.
Use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the steak is cooked to your preference before removing it from the air fryer.
Follow this guide and your meat thermometer when cooking your steak bites.
- Rare – Cook steak to 125 Fahrenheit
- Medium Rare – Cook steak to 130 Fahrenheit
- Medium – Cook steak to 140 Fahrenheit
- Well Medium – Cook steak to 150 Fahrenheit
- Well Done – Cook steak to 160 Fahrenheit
- Mushrooms – Add some slice mushrooms. You can cook them separately or right with the steak in the air fryer.
- Change Seasoning – You can change the seasoning. Add Italian Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, or use what you have.
- Add Vegetables – Add some onions, broccoli, squash to the air fryer to add flavor and make a complete meal.
- Steak Sauce – Top the steak bites with some steak sauce.
- Marinade – Change the marinade to what you have. Marinade in soy sauce for Asian dish.
- Instant Pot – If you can make Instant Pot Steak bites for a quick way to enjoy steak.
What to Serve with Steak Tips in Air Fryer:
- Mashed Potatoes – Make some mashed potatoes and serve with your steak bites and vegetables for a complete meal.
- Rice – Serve the steak bites with white rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice.
- Salad – Make a steak salad with blue cheese crumbles, chopped bacon and your favorite dressing.
- Vegetables – Roast some vegetables while you steak is cooking. We suggest broccoli, asparagus, carrots, or sliced zucchini.
Cooking Tips for Air Fryer Steak Tips:
- Oil the Air Fryer – Do not use Pam in your air fryer or it can damage the non-stick lining in the air fryer basket. We recommend using olive to oil the air fryer basket to keep the steak from sticking.
- Cutting Steak – Cut the steak in about the same size. This ensure that it cooks evenly and they are the perfect size for your family.
- Steak – When I am picking out steak for this recipe, I try to look for lean but have some marbling. This gives the steak flavor and cooks perfectly in the air fryer.
- Single Layer – When adding the steak to the air fryer, place steak in a single layer. You don’t want to overcrowd the air fryer and allow the hot air to cook the steak. We usually have to cook in batches because my family is so large.
- Let Steak Rest – After cooking steak, allow the steak to rest to absorb the juices before serving.
- Melted Butter – When we are ready to serve, you can drizzle some melted butter over the top for added flavor.
How to Store:
This recipe would a great option for meal prepping for the week. Place the steak in individual containers with a side of rice and vegetables. This allows you to grab the containers as your head out the door.
The steak will last up to 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Air Fried Steak Bites:
If you are eating low carb and need a delicious recipe, this is a must try. My kids love steak and I know they will eat these air fry steak tips without any complaining. All my kids are athletes so they are always wanting to eat more protein.
I love when I can fix one meal and know that everyone will enjoy it. Plus they can grab a plate of steak bites or eat it over rice. There are multiple ways to serve these steak bites.
Your family will love that you added this to the meal plan. This is a quick and easy meal to serve any day of the week.
Print Recipe here for Air Fryer Steak Bites:
Air Fryer Steak Bites
- 2 lbs Lean Steak diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a pre-heat option than run the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes to warm up.
- Then marinade the diced steak in the olive oil, steak seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder and cayenne pepper for at least 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Rub the air fryer basket with olive oil so that the steak does not stick to the basket. Then using tongs place the steak in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on how you like your steak prepared and then flip the steak and cook for an additional 3-4 more minutes until the steak is cooked to your preference.
- Remove the steak from the air fryer and let them sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe