How to make white gravy in just a few minutes.
Earlier this week I made my family homemade fried chicken strips for dinner with mashed potatoes so of course there has to be white gravy. Back in the “old” days we would buy the package and make it from there. However, once I figured out how easy it is to make white gravy, we started making our own. I thought today we would talk about how to make white gravy with ingredients from your pantry.
Save money by making your own White Gravy!
It really does take less than 10 minutes to make… more like 6 minutes to be honest. 😉 Next time you are in the mood for some good ‘ol country white gravy save money by making your own!
- ¼ cup Butter, salted
- ¼ cup Flour
- Milk (about 1-2 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter and flour
- Heat over medium heat until butter melts.
- Once butter and flour is cooked, pour in milk.
- Continue to pour in milk and wisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Allow the gravy to simmer for about 3-5 minutes or until thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately
Make sure you check out these other delicious recipes:
- How to Make a Roux so you can make other kinds of gravy!
- Homemade Egg Noodles
- How to Make Whipped Cream
- 6 Ways to use left over pasta
- Easy Breakfast Recipes for Back to School