Learn how to make Fritos bean dip at home for a fraction of the cost of store bought. This is the best dip for parties, movie night or Game Day!
Fritos bean dip
I’m pretty sure everyone loves Fritos Bean Dip recipe, but at $3 to $4 a jar it just isn’t really that frugal. My number one motto to save money on many of my favorite dips is to make it myself.
This recipe is a very easy recipe and will please a crowd making it perfect for any party or gathering. Those little jars don’t last long with a crowd so this is such as frugal idea.
Now I used a can of refried beans in this recipe because I hadn’t made my homemade refried beans in a while. I was out of time, but you will save more money if you start with 1 ½ cups of homemade refried beans instead of the can.
Don’t worry -they are super easy to make and will cost you a fraction of just buying a can.
Let’s make this delicious refried bean dip!
Ingredients for easy bean dip:
- 15 oz Refried Beans (or 1 ½ cups homemade refried beans)
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 6 Jalapeno slices (from jarred Jalapenos)
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Jalapeno juice (from jarred Jalapenos)
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper (If you don’t have cayenne pepper, try one of our Best Cayenne Pepper Substitute)
How to make copycat fritos bean dip:
2. Process the ingredients until smooth (like the picture below).3. Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
It is that easy!
You are going to love this tasty dip.
More ideas to try with this easy bean dip recipe.
Serve with fritos or any type of corn chips or scoops. We have also used tortilla chips.
Veggies are also good. We like bell peppers, carrots and cucumbers.
Just use what you prefer! I like to put extra jalapeno peppers on mine so I always have an extra bowl of those by the dip.
It’s nice for people to be able to add extra if they like the extra heat. You can also add cheese if you are in the mood.
Shredded pepper jack cheese is delicious. You can add it in the mixture or sprinkle it on top. Sharp cheddar is another tasty option.
You can put in a baking dish with cheese and it would be a great side dish as well.
Other tasty ideas include adding taco seasoning to the bean mixture. As you can see, the options are endless for this delicious dip.
I like sour cream and green onions with it. Yum!
If you want to serve this warm and keep it warm, put it in your slow cooker on the warm setting. This is perfect for parties or game day.
Coypcat fritos bean dip recipe will save you so much money!
Copycat recipes help to save money while still enjoying some of your favorite recipes. You can utilize sales and really save even more.
It helps keep the grocery budget reasonable and feed a large family. By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Skip the store bought fritos bean dip and those small containers. Make it at home instead for much less and get a ton more!
If you are serving this for a big party or tail gate, this savings will really add up. Also, if you have a large family like we do, this savings will be huge because everyone goes crazy over this dip.
Save time and use a food processor with this easy bean dip.
If you don’t have a food processor, I highly suggest you get one for your kitchen. I use mine all the time for lots of different recipes.
You love having this and it will be one kitchen gadget that gets used all the time!
Try fritos bean dip recipe at your next get together!
This dip is sure to be a hit at your next gathering. It is easy, frugal and always a crowd favorite.
Skip the store bought and make this instead. I promise you will not regret it. This dip is simply amazing and super easy to make!
Serve with your favorite dishes.
If you love this recipe you might also love my White Mexican Cheese dip that would also be perfect for a party.
We have perfected this Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken Nuggets recipe and your kids will love getting to eat these at home.
Print this easy bean dip recipe below:
Copycat Fritos Bean Dip Recipe
- 15 oz Refried Beans or 1½ cup homemade ones
- 6 Jalapeno slices from jarred Jalapenos
- 2 tsp Jalapeno juice from jarred Jalapenos
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process together until smooth.
- Transfer to air tight container and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite Fritos and sides.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Chili cheese dip recipe is the perfect appetizer when you are craving comfort food.
You might like these easy dips too:
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock Pot Rotel Dip
- Pizza Dip
- The Best Fruit Dip
- Dill Pickle Dip
- The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip Recipe
- Raspberry Fruit Dip Recipe
- The Best Crock Pot White Cheese Dip
- The Best Taco Dip
- Fiesta Ranch Dip
- Texas Caviar Dip Recipe
Try these other easy copycat recipes:
- Hot Chocolate Starbucks CopyCat Recipe
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- CopyCat KFC Chicken Pot Pie
- CopyCat Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- FREE CopyCat Girl Scout Recipes
- Crock pot White Hot Chocolate