This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cream Cheese Salsa Dip is an easy appetizer with only 4 ingredients. It doesn’t need to bake, and you can adjust the spice level.
While it might sound simple, this dip is so amazing. The flavor combination of this cream cheese dip with salsa is so delicious. It has a lot of the same flavors as 7 Layer Dip and Taco Dip for one of the easiest quick snacks.
Salsa Dip with Cream Cheese is one of those tried-and-true appetizer recipes. It’s always a hit and a recipe I have been making for years for my family. This easy cream cheese dip has all the flavors of chips and salsa and more!
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe
- Only 4 Ingredients. It does not get any easier than that!
- Inexpensive to make. The ingredients are budget friendly.
- Tons of flavor. This easy recipe combines flavors into a rich dip.
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Get the complete ingredient list and instructions at the bottom in the recipe card.
Additions and Substitutions
- Salsa. Any type of salsa works in this recipe. You can use your favorite salsa brand to make the dip. From Pace Picante to a chunky salsa, there are lots of options including homemade salsa.
- Adjust the heat. This is an easy way to customize the recipe. You can use mild or hot salsas.
- Cheese. Experiment with different types of shredded cheese. Colby Jack and Mexican blend cheese pairs nicely with these flavors.
- Green onions. Top with diced green onions before serving.
- Black Olives. Sprinkle black olive slices on top of the dip.
How to Make Salsa Cream Cheese Dip
Step 1. Combine the sour cream and cream cheese together in a bowl. I used an electric hand mixer to easily combine into a smooth texture.
Step 2. Add the salsa to the mixture. Combine this with a spoon and not the mixer.
Step 3. Stir the shredded cheese into the cream cheese mixture. Combine until mixed together thoroughly.
Step 4. Refrigerate the dip and then serve with more shredded cheese.
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
- Bagel Chips
- Corn Chips
- Celery Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
Tips for Success
- Cream Cheese. Make sure to use a block of cream cheese and not the tubs. Also, you want to use softened cream cheese.
- Combine with food processor. You can also use a food processor instead of an electric mixer if you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
As long as the dip is stored inside an airtight container, it will last up to 5 days.
Store leftovers inside an airtight container and refrigerate.
Yes, this dip is easy to make ahead of time. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
More Easy Dip Recipes
Try this easy recipe for cream cheese salsa dip. Please leave a comment once you make it!
Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese with sour cream with a hand held mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the salsa and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve topped with the remaining cheese and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe