This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
7 Layer Dip Recipe is a crowd pleaser and really simple to make. Layers of refried beans, salsa, guacamole and more make this one of the best dips for parties, tailgating and more.
It doesn’t get any better than a great dip recipe at parties and this 7 Layer taco dip recipe does not disappoint. If you loved our Taco Dip, this is sure to be a hit.
Whether you are looking for the perfect dip for Game Day, family movie night or simply just to enjoy during the week, this is the best 7 layer bean dip to make. It is super easy to put together and our go to dip recipe! This is one we make every year for Cinco de Mayo. Check out our other Cinco de Mayo Recipes.
Table of Contents
What is 7 Layer Dip?
7-Layer Bean Dip is the ultimate appetizer. It consist of layers of refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese, green onions. These ingredients can be changed based on your preference.
It is a quick and easy dip that is always a favorite dip.
- Refried Beans, canned (or crock pot refried beans)
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning (try homemade taco seasoning)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Black Olives
- Roma Tomatoes (grape tomatoes work too)
- Green Onions
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe in the recipe card.
How To Make 7 Layer Dip
Step 1 – Combine beans and milk – Combine refried beans and milk (or you can use the liquid from the salsa if you prefer) until smooth. Spread in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 2 – Combine cream cheese, sour cream and seasoning – Next, combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning with a mixer on medium speed in a bowl. Spread over refried beans.
Step 3 – Layer Guacamole – Spoon guacamole over sour cream mixture and cream cheese mixture and gently spread. Repeat with another drained layer of salsa.
Step 3 – Top with other ingredients – Sprinkle with cheese, olives, tomatoes and green onions. I also like to squeeze a little lime juice on top. Yum!
What to Serve with 7 layer Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Cup up Veggies- carrots, celery, bell pepper slices
Just use what you prefer or a mixture of several things!
- Refried Beans – No need to heat the beans to layer them in the dish. If you are making homemade allow them to cool before layering. Black beans can also be used.
- Guacamole – We recommend making homemade guacamole but you can also use store bought if you are short on time.
- Sour Cream – Make sure to stir the sour cream well before layering. This allows it to spread evenly.
- Shredded Cheese – You can use a variety of different types of cheeses. Mexican blend, Sharp cheddar cheese or Colby Monterrey Jack Cheese is what we have used.
- Roma Tomatoes – If you are adding tomatoes to your dip, use roma tomatoes. They have less juice and helps to keep the dip from getting soggy.
- Refrigerated – Make sure to keep the 7 Layer Dip refrigerated until ready to serve.
More Topping ideas
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- Olives and Green Onions
We love even more toppings. Feel free to make this recipe your own. It is very simple to add or omit based on your preference.
This dip is simply amazing and everyone always goes crazy over it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store 7 Layer Dip in the fridge covered with plastic wrap. The dip will last up to 5 days.
Yes, you can make this dip up to two days in advance. Keep in mind that if stored any longer that the guacamole may turn brown if exposed to air.
It will last about 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Note that the salsa may become watery but you can drain it before serving.
No, you do not warm the dip. This dip is supposed to be served tortillas chips.
More Easy Dip Recipes you will love:
- Best Taco Dip Recipe
- The Best Crock pot White Cheese Dip Recipe
- Fiesta Ranch Dip Recipe
- Copycat Fritos Bean Dip Recipe
- Crock Pot Rotel Dip Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this 7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe, please leave us a star review.
7 layer dip recipe
- Combine refried beans and milk (or you can use the liquid from the salsa if you prefer) until smooth. Spread in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning with a mixer on medium. Spread over refried beans.
- Spoon guacamole over cream cheese and gently spread. Repeat with drained salsa.
- Top with cheese, olives/tomatoes and green onions.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe