I’m so excited to get to share with you today The Best Taco Dip. This is my favorite thing to bring to parties and cook-outs and I know you’ll enjoy it as much as I do!
My entire family loves easy taco dip recipe!
This is the absolute best taco dip with meat recipe. Our entire family loves it and I love how easy it is to make. It is perfect for watching the game, tailgating, family gatherings, or just to add to your next Taco Tuesday dinner.
Plus this easy taco dip recipe tastes great left over. Ensure that you make a big batch and eat on it all week!
You are going to love this easy no bake dip recipe with sour cream. The flavors together are just amazing.
What is your favorite go-to dip recipe?
This easy taco dip recipe is that for my family. I can make it a 100 times and they will still want more. I have even served it on chicken or topped it on baked potatoes. The kids love it every single time.
Another favorite around here is Easy Wonton Taco Cups Recipe. They are amazing and go great with this dip recipe!
We love appetizer recipes. They are just perfect for any type of gathering.
Easy taco dip is packed with flavor!
I love how simple this easy taco dip recipe is to make.
With just a few basic ingredients you can have the best taco dip recipe made in minutes and ready to devour.
Now let’s get started on making this taco dip recipe with cheese and sour cream.
What is needed to make this recipe?
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning (I use our easy Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Iceberg Lettuce (diced and shredded)
How to make this best taco dip recipe?
You won’t believe how easy this recipe is.
- First, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning with a hand mixer until the dip is thoroughly combined and creamy.
- If there are small clumps, then the cream cheese isn’t soft enough. Just let it sit longer at room temperature so the cream cheese can soften more and then mix again.
- Once it is mixed, pour into a serving platter. I’m using a glass circle serving platter but you can make any work for this great recipe. It’s so versatile!
- Next top with shredded cheese, then shredded lettuce, and finally diced tomatoes.
That is all you have to do to make this easy Taco Dip. See…I told you it was extremely easy. Now it’s ready to serve with tortilla chips and devoured almost immediately!
I told you this taco dip recipe with cream cheese is easy to make.
Can you make in advance?
We like to prepare the taco dip with the bottom layer – Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and Taco Seasoning and then spread it in your pan. I then place this in my refrigerator.
Then once you are ready to serve top the cream cheese mixture with your favorite toppings,
We prefer to store in the refrigerator after about 2 hours sitting out on the counter. Just keep it covered in the refrigerator. We like to snack on it throughout the week.
Have you made homemade Taco Seasoning?
If you have not made your own taco seasoning yet, I hope you try it soon. It’s a lot easier than you think and tastes a lot better than the taco seasoning mix packets from the grocery store.
Homemade Taco Seasoning is a combination of seasonings that I bet you already have in your spice rack.
Making homemade taco seasoning is one of my all time favorite things to do. It’s simple and packed with tons of flavor.
What to serve with Taco Dip?
We love to serve this taco dip when we have get-togethers for game day or a family party. It usually is my go-to appetizer when I am attending a party.
This would be perfect served with a taco and a burrito bar. You can also make it with a taco soup. It is one of those recipes that is great served alone or with your favorite mexican food.
Our favorite to serve with this Taco Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
- Soft Tortilla – You can even make a mini burrito
How long is Taco Dip good in the refrigerator?
This taco dip is best when eaten immediately. But if you do have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
After 3 days the vegetables tend to get a little soggy.
This cream cheese taco dip recipe tastes amazing!
You don’t even have to wait for the flavors to combine because it taste great right after you mix it. The hardest part is waiting for the cream cheese to soften!
Here are more taco salad dip topping ideas!
You can definitely change this recipe or add more toppings to make this dip recipe your own. You can add in a layer of refried beans at the bottom of this recipe to create a delicious layered dip that everyone will love at your next party.
Also, this would be great topped with green peppers, black olives, green onions or your favorite salsa of choice. We like using medium heat salsa.
I hope to encourage you to add your favorite toppings (more tomatoes, olives or even avocado) to make this recipe work perfectly for your family and friends!
Print recipe here:
The Best Taco Dip Recipe
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded).
- iceberg lettuce (diced and shredded)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- black olives (sliced)
- jalapeños (sliced)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning with a hand mixer until the dip is combined and creamy.
- If there are small clumps, then the cream cheese isn’t soft enough. Just let it sit longer so the cream cheese can soften again and mix again.
- Once it is mixed, pour into a serving platter.
- Top with shredded cheese, then shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives and jalapeños.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe