This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
I’m so excited to get to share with you today The Best Taco Dip Recipe. This is my favorite thing to bring to parties and cook-outs and I know you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
The Best Taco Dip Recipe is packed with Flavor:
I love how simple this easy taco dip recipe is to make. With just a few basic ingredients you can have the best taco dip recipe made in minutes and ready to devour.
You are going to love this cream cheese taco dip. The base is made easily with cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. It is always a crowd favorite and perfect for family gatherings and game day parties.
- Cream Cheese softened
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning (I use our easy Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Iceberg Lettuce (diced and shredded)
How to Make Taco Dip
You won’t believe how easy this recipe is.
- Step 1 – First, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and add taco seasoning with a hand mixer until the dip is thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Step 2 – If there are small clumps, then the cream cheese isn’t soft enough. Just let it sit longer at room temperature so the cream cheese can soften more and then mix again.
- Step 3 – Once it is mixed, pour into a serving platter. I’m using a glass circle serving platter but you can make any work for this great recipe. It’s so versatile!
- Step 4 – Next top with shredded cheese, then shredded lettuce, and finally diced tomatoes.
Tips for Taco Dip with Cream Cheese:
- Combine Ingredients – Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature as it will combine easily with the sour cream and seasoning.
- Add your favorite toppings – We added cheese, lettuce, and diced tomatoes. You can easily add what you want.
- Taco Seasoning – You can use store bought taco seasoning or make your own.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the base – You can easily change the base to a refried beans or other types of beans.
- Add Meats – Top with ground beef or shredded chicken for added protein.
- Change the Toppings – Change the topping to what you prefer.
Can you Make in Advance?
We like to prepare the taco dip with the bottom layer – Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and Taco Seasoning and then spread it in your pan. I then place this in my refrigerator.
Then once you are ready to serve top the cream cheese mixture with your favorite toppings.
We prefer to store in the refrigerator after about 2 hours sitting out on the counter. Just keep it covered in the refrigerator. We like to snack on it throughout the week.
What to Serve with Taco Dip?
We love to serve this taco dip when we have get-togethers for game day or a family party. It usually is my go-to appetizer when I am attending a party.
This would be perfect served with a taco and a burrito bar. You can also make it with a taco soup. It is one of those recipes that is great served alone or with your favorite Mexican food.
Our favorite to serve with this Taco Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Pita Chips
- Soft Tortilla – You can even make a mini burrito
How long is Taco Dip good in the refrigerator?
This taco dip is best when eaten immediately. But if you do have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
After 3 days the vegetables tend to get a little soggy.
Taco Salad Dip Topping Ideas:
You can definitely change this recipe or add more toppings to make this dip recipe your own.
- Refried Beans – You can add in a layer of refried beans at the bottom of this recipe to create a delicious layered dip that everyone will love at your next party.
- Add your favorite Veggies – This dip would be great topped with green peppers, red onions, black beas, black olives, or green onions.
- Top with Salsa – Add your favorite salsa of choice or taco sauce. We like using medium heat salsa.
- Mix in Ground Beef – You can bump up the heartiness of this recipe by adding in browned ground beef.
- Topping Options are endless – Add your favorite toppings (more tomatoes, olives or even avocado) to make this recipe work perfectly for your family and friends.
Print recipe here for the The Best Taco Dip:
The Best Taco Dip
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning with a hand mixer until the dip is combined and creamy.
- If there are small clumps, then the cream cheese isn’t soft enough. Just let it sit longer so the cream cheese can soften again and mix again.
- Once it is mixed, pour into a serving platter.
- Top with shredded cheese, then shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives and jalapeños.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe