Velveeta chili cheese dip is creamy and delicious. With only 3 ingredients, it is super easy to make for the best snack or appetizer.
Velveeta chili cheese dip
If there is one thing we love around here, it is a good cheese dip! This new recipe with chili is so hearty and creamy. Plus, it only has 3 ingredients so you can make it with very little effort.
We really wanted a snack one night so I whipped this up in a skillet on the stove top. However, you can just as easily make this in the crock pot.
It is easy enough for movie night but fabulous enough for parties. This versatile recipe is great for all occasions.
- Velveeta Cheese
- Chili can Carne – without beans
- chopped Green Chiles
How to make Velveeta chili cheese dip
First, cube the Velveeta cheese into small pieces.
Second, put the cubes of cheese in the skillet. Pour the chili and green chiles on top of the cheese.
Finally, heat the mixture up and stir until the cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
It is best served warm!
How do you keep Velveeta Cheese Dip from hardening?
Velveeta cheese dip will start to harden and thicken as it cools down. This can be prevented by keeping it warm in a crockpot or on the stove top.
Can I freeze chili cheese dip?
Yes! This can be frozen. Just make sure to let it cool before freezing. Also, use a freezer container with an airtight lid.
If you are short on storage space, you can use a freezer bag so that it can lay flat. This is a great way to save on space because you can stack the bags on top of each other.
Can I make Chili cheese dip in the crock pot?
Yes, you can! It is so easy. Just throw the ingredients in the crockpot.
Cook on low until fully melted. This normally takes about 2 hours. Make sure to stir regularly.
You can turn it to the warm setting so the chili cheese dip will be ready to enjoy later.
What to serve with the dip?
- Corn chips
- tortilla chips
- veggies- carrot sticks and celery sticks are good
- Pita chips
More ideas to try:
- Try chili with beans for a change. This changes the texture but the beans add even more flavor. It is delicious!
- Add Rotel. Sometimes I like to use one can of green chilies and one can of rotel. You can also omit the green chilies and add 1 can of rotel.
- Try cream cheese. Cube 8 ounces of cream cheese and to the other ingredients. If you find it is too thick, add an extra can of green chilies.
Give it a try!
This is super easy with only 3 ingredients but the results are so amazing. I could eat the entire bowl of dip alone. It is that good.
Make it for your next get together and watch it disappear. It is going to be a hit! We pretty much look for any excuse to make this easy dip.
It is the best!
Come back and leave a comment once you try it. I love to hear feedback and how you liked it.
Print this Velveeta chili cheese dip recipe:
Velveeta chili cheese dip
- 32 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 2 cans Chili can Carne without beans-15 oz each
- 2 cans chopped Green Chiles 4 oz each
- Cube the Velveeeta cheese and place in a skillet or a sauce pan.
- Place the chili and chopped green chiles on top.
- Heat of medium heat, stir frequently until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are combined. Serve warm with chips and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy cheese dip recipes:
- Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip Recipe
- Crock Pot Sausage Cheese Dip recipe
- The Best Crock Pot White Cheese Dip
- Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Crock pot cream cheese taco dip
More dips you will love:
- 2 Ingredient Fruit Dip
- The Best Pico de Gallo
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- Crack Dip Recipe
- Copycat Fritos Bean Dip Recipe
- Mexican Corn Salsa Recipe
- Fiesta Ranch Dip
- Ground beef taco dip