Homemade nacho cheese sauce is so easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. Enjoy creamy nacho cheese without all the preservatives and hidden ingredients in store bought.
Homemade nacho cheese sauce
Once you make this easy nacho cheese sauce, you will never buy store bought again. It is seriously so easy and takes very little effort to make. You probably already have what you need on hand to make this.
This really is so creamy and the texture is just perfect. Don’t buy canned cheese sauce anymore! This is so easy and delicious! It is a must try.
Plus, I love knowing exactly what is going into the cheese sauce. You won’t find any hard to pronounce ingredients in this nacho sauce.
- Whole Milk
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
How to make nacho cheese sauce:
First, add the flour and butter together in a small sauce pan. Whisk the ingredients together until everything is combined really well and it starts to thicken. Keep doing this for about a minute.
Second, add the milk and whisk together. Go ahead and turn the heat up a little so the milk can simmer while you are stirring. Keep whisking until the mixture has thickened and remove from the heat.
Finally, slowly add the shredded cheese. I like to do a little at a time. Whisk this mixture until all the cheese has been added and everything is combined really well.
The only thing left to do is stir in the salt. Serve and enjoy while warm!
How to Keep Nacho Cheese Warm:
- You can use a warming plate.
- Another idea is a small crock pot. This small 1.5 quart crock pot is perfect if it is just for family or a small group. We use this a lot when we make dip recipes. They are inexpensive and super handy. Now, if you are making it for a crowd or throwing a party, you might want double the recipe and use a 3 quart crock pot to have more room.
Can you Freeze Nacho Cheese:
Yes, you can. However, it will separate once frozen. This isn’t an issue though because you can just whisk it back together when you reheat it.
Sometimes, I actually make double just to have extra to freeze for later. It is nice to just be able to grab it from the freezer.
Ideas for homemade nacho cheese sauce:
- Easy Nacho Bar– This cheese sauce is perfect to serve with a nacho bar. It will be delicious!
- Oven nachos – Nacho cheese is a great idea for this amazing recipe.
- Crock Pot Ground Chicken Tacos – Everything is better with cheese sauce.
- The Best Shrimp Tacos – love these with nacho cheese.
- Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Tacos Recipe – Yum!
- Game Day – serve with tortilla chips for a great snack.
Make this Easy nacho cheese sauce!
Homemade nacho cheese sauce is super easy and so creamy. I think it tastes better than anything store bought.
From movie night to parties, this recipe is my go to nacho cheese recipe. Give it a try and come back and leave a comment letting us know how it turned out for you. I think you will love it.
It is so delicious that you will want to serve it at parties but simple enough for a weeknight snack. Don’t you just love recipes like that? I can’t wait for you to try it. It is the best!
Print this nacho cheese sauce recipe below:
Homemade nacho cheese sauce
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add the flour and butter to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat and whisk the ingredients together until they are combined and slightly thickened. Whisk and cook for about 1 minute.
- Then whisk in the milk. Turn the heat up slightly and allow the milk to simmer while you’re still whisking. Heat until the mixture has thickened enough to coat a soap. Then remove from the heat.
- Then gradually whisk in the shredded cheddar cheese a little at a time until it’s all added and well combined. If the cheese sauce is too thicken, gradually add in more milk until the sauce is the consistency that you prefer.
- Stir in the salt and then serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe