Everyone loves this cheesy Rotel Dip when we serve it at our gatherings. It only requires 3 ingredients and simple to make.
Easy Velveeta Rotel Dip Recipe:
This Rotel cheese dip is one of my favorite dips to make. It is the perfect appetizer and only requires 3 ingredients. We love that we can change the meat, add in additional flavors, and no matter when we serve it, everyone loves it.
This cheesy dip is perfect for your game day parties or for movie night with the family. We like to do a snack night for an easy weeknight meal. This cheesy rotel dip is always on the menu.
We even like to double the recipe because it doesn’t last long when I serve it. Make this rotel dip on the stove top or in your slow cooker and it is instant crowd pleaser.
What is Rotel Dip Made of?
Rotel dip originated from chili con queso recipe. But we like to make it with Velveeta and Rotel as it melts smooth and creamy. We like to add meat to this cheesy dip, but you can also leave it out.
Rotel is the perfect blend of tomatoes and spices. Salsa is a great substitute if you don’t have any Rotel.
- Velveeta Cheese
- Rotel (10 oz can)
- Ground Beef
How to Make Rotel Dip:
- Cook Ground Beef – Brown the ground beef in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in Rotel and the Cheese – Add in the Rotel Tomatoes and diced Velveeta cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted – Stir and heat over medium low heat. Continue stirring until melted and fully combined.
- Serve and Enjoy – Once melted and combined, serve warm with chips, crackers or veggies. Enjoy!
How to Make Rotel Dip in the Crock Pot:
Making this delicious Rotel Dip in the slow cooker is just as easy. If you have the Instant Pot Aura Slow Cooker you can cook the meat right in your slow cooker. If you don’t, then you can brown you meat and then melt everything together in the slow cooker.
Our Slow Cooker Rotel Dip Recipe is one of popular recipes as it is one of the easiest dips you can make. Make sure to keep stirring occasionally to keep from burning.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Meat – You can use different meats in this recip. Make it with ground turkey, ground sausage, or Italian Sausage.
- Make is Spicy – Rotel comes in different levels of heat, you can use hot rotel to increase the spicy level. I have even used half hot sausage and regular sausage. It turned out perfectly. The kids had no problem eating it.
- Taco Seasoning – You can mix in taco seasoning with the ground beef for added flavor.
- Add Vegetables – You can cook some onions and garlic with the ground beef to give the dip more flavor.
- Slice Jalapeno’s – We like to add in some slice jalapeno’s before serving.
- Rotel Substitution – Another rotel substitution is mix in a can of diced tomatoes and a can of green chilies.
Can you Make Rotel Dip in Advance?
Yes, you can but recommend serving immediately. If you prefer to make it the night before, place the dip in an air tight container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, place in the slow cooker or reheat in a microwave safe bowl.
You may need to add a little milk if it seems to thick.
What to Serve with Rotel Dip?
This Rotel Dip can be served with many things.
- Tortilla Chips
- Flour Tortilla
Rotel Dip Tips:
- Cast Iron Skillet – We recommend making the Rotel Dip in an cast iron skillet. It retains the heat and keeps the dip creamier longer.
- Thicker Dip – If you prefer the dip to be thicker, drain the Rotel Dip. I usually just pour the entire can into the dip but draining works great too.
- Salsa – If you don’t have any canned rotel, mix the cheese and meat with a jar of salsa.
- Processed Cheese – We love the way Velveeta melts creamy, but if you prefer you can make this dip with a block of cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Keep Warm – If you prefer to keep your dip warm, you can always place your finished dip in the slow cooker. If I am serving at a party, I like to stir it constantly to keep the sides from burning.
How to Store:
These delicious Rotel Dip is best served fresh, but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The cheese will thicken as it sits. Add in a small amount of milk or water when reheating to thin the cheese.
Easy Cheesy Dip:
This is the perfect dip for all your holiday gatherings. We love to have an appetizer out while we are catching up with family and preparing our holiday dinner. This is also the perfect dip for your game day parties.
This is the perfect snack and it is even good leftover. Add your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, or vegetable and enjoy a dip for your next movie night.
Print Recipe here for Rotel Dip:
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 can Rotel 10 oz can
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the Rotel and diced Velveeta cheese.
- Stir and heat over medium low heat until melted and fully combined.
- Once melted and combined, serve warm with chips, crackers or veggies. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Dip Recipes:
- Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- Crack Dip
- Million Dollar Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Homemade Ranch Dip Recipe