This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
A few simple ingredients makes this Million Dollar Dip a crowd favorite. If you love making dips, then this addicting dip is the one to make.
What is Million Dollar Dip?
This Million Dollar Dip Recipe is an addicting dip that you must make for all your parties and holiday gatherings. It takes minutes to prepare and only requires a few ingredients.
This mayonnaise base dip is loaded with cheese, bacon bits, green onions and sliced almonds. We like to add in a little minced garlic for added flavor. Serve this dip with your favorite cracker for a crowd pleasing appetizer.
We love making dips for all our parties. It is a great way to gathering around with friends and family. Once you make this dip, you will see what it is called Million Dollar Dip.
Why is it called Million Dollar Dip?
This Million Dollar Dip was originally called Neiman Marcus Cheese Dip and served in Helen Corbitt s cookbook by Helen Corbitt. This was originally created to be used as a Almond, Bacon, Cheese spread but then it was served as a dip in the Zodiac Room.
Now is the addicting dip served at all our parties. Serve as a spread or a Neiman Marcus dip your friends and family will love the taste. They will be impressed of how easy it is to make only requires 6 ingredients.
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Green Onions (chopped into small pieces)
- Pre-Cooked Bacon Bits
- Slivered Almonds
- Minced Garlic
How to Make Million Dollar Dip:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl with a spatula.
- Step 2 – Chill Dip – Chill the dip for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Step 3 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve cold with crackers or chips of your choice. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Million Dollar Dip:
You can really serve this delicious dip with many different options. Here are some of our favorites.
- Ritz Crackers
- Tortilla Chips
- Raw Vegetables – Carrots, broccoli, or celery
- Kettle Chips
Million Dollar Dip Tips:
- Cheese – We recommend shredding your own cheese from hunk cheese. Pre-shredded cheese doesn’t blend as well and it has added ingredients that are not necessary.
- Mayonnaise – This dip is best mixed with mayonnaise with the other ingredients. But if you would like a lighter version, try mixing with Greek yogurt or sour cream. We haven’t tried it with cream cheese, but I am sure it would work.
- Toasted Almonds – We used slivered in this recipe, but feel free to chop them or use slice almonds.
- Change Seasoning – We love the addition of the minced garlic but you can also mix in Italian seasoning or ranch seasoning packet.
- Serving Dip – Make sure that you do not leave this dip out to long when serving. You do not want to serve it at room temperature. This dip is best served chilled.
- One Bowl Dip – Everything is mixed together in less than 5 minutes in one bowl. Makes for an easy appetizer.
- Bacon – Bacon Bits work just as good using chopped up bacon. Use what you have and what is easiest for you.
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days. This dip can easily be made the day before serving.
How long will it Last:
If this dip is stored properly, it will stay good for up to 5 days. We love having dips on hand. This way when you need a little snack, you can take straight from the fridge and serve.
Can you Freeze Million Dollar Dip?
No, we do not recommend freezing this dip. Since the main ingredient in this dip is mayonnaise, it will not hold up when freezing. The taste may stay the same but the texture will change.
Can this Dip be prepared ahead of time?
If we are making this dip for a party, we like to make ahead of time. I usually make it the night before serving so it will be ready to serve. This saves me so much time.
In fact, I like to make ahead of time as we think it taste better as the ingredients blend together.
Easy Appetizer Dip:
This is best and easiest dip to make for all your parties including game day and holidays. It is full of bacon, cheese and mayonnaise for the best dip recipe. Family and friends will love it. This simple ingredients gives it so much flavor.
I love how creamy it is and how everything blends perfectly together. The entire recipe is so simple and really fast. It is the BEST dip for parties, game night or just a snack during the week.
Let us know once you try it. Your friends and family will be asking you for the recipe.
Print Recipe here for Million Dollar Dip:
Million Dollar Dip
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl with a spatula.
- Chill the dip for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve cold with crackers or chips of your choice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Dip Recipes:
- Homemade Ranch Dip Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- The Best Avocado Dip Recipe