This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pimento Cheese Dip Recipe is creamy and delicious with only a few ingredients. It’s the perfect snack, party food or appetizer for any occasion.
While grocery store bought pimento cheese works in a pinch, it does not compare to homemade. The secret to good pimento cheese is to use really sharp cheddar. You may also like these Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs.
Table of Contents
What are Pimento Peppers?
They are a mild sweet pepper that is red. They are not spicy at all and typically are small peppers.
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Jarred Pimento Peppers, drained and chopped
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Top on Jam – This is optional but pimento cheese dip is really good topped with hot tomato jam. The sweet jam and savory dip combine for a great snack. Just put a small dollop on top of the dip.
- Cheese – Use sharp or extra sharp cheddar. This gives it the best flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper – Add if you want a little heat or check out our Best Cayenne Pepper Substitute for more ideas.
- Roasted Red Peppers – If you can’t find pimentos, you can substitute with roasted red peppers.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl including diced pimentos.
- Step 2 –Mix together all of the ingredients. You can use a hand held mixture or a sturdy spoon by hand. Just make sure everything is well combined.
- Step 3 – Finally, scoop the pimento dip into a small serving bowl.
- Shredded Cheese – Try to hand grate the cheese instead of using pre shredded cheese. Shredded cheese has additives that can change the consistency.
- Pimento Peppers – Make sure to drain really well before mixing into the dip. You don’t want any extra liquid or it will be runny. You can chop the pimento cheese in a food processor.
- Cream Cheese – The cream cheese needs to be full fat. While you can certainly use reduced fat, it does not have the rich flavor pimento cheese is known for.
- Mayo – You don’t need much but make sure it is a good brand. Use what your family prefers if you are brand loyal.
Serve this Pimento Cheese Dip with your favorite dippers. These are some of our favorites.
- Veggies: We love celery sticks. carrot sticks and sliced green and red bell peppers.
- Crackers, tortilla chips and pita chips are all tasty options for dipping.
Other Ways to Serve:
This is so delicious that you will be looking for ways to serve this.
- I love it on burgers. Add it to your bun to make your burger creation amazing!
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Take this traditional sandwich to the next level when you make a grilled cheese with this.
- Biscuits. Serve the dip warm and load your biscuit with it. I like it with just pimento cheese but you could also add bacon.
- BLT– Jazz up your next bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich with a scoop of pimento cheese spread. Yum!
How to Store:
The homemade pimento cheese dip can be stored in an air tight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. If you love it as much as we do, you might want to make a double batch. It is perfect for a quick snack or lunch.
More Easy Dip Recipes:
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crack Dip recipe
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Crock Pot Rotel Dip
- Pizza Dip
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Fiesta Ranch Dip
- Texas Caviar Dip Recipe
- Ground beef taco dip
We love hearing from you. If you make this Southern Pimento Cheese Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment or star review.
Pimento cheese dip
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together with a hand held mixer or by hand with a sturdy spoon until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with your favorite dippers!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe