This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make this Smoked Salmon Dip. It is creamy, delicious and loaded with flavor. Serve this dip with crackers for an amazing appetizer.
Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe:
We love making dips for parties, holiday dinners, and for an afternoon snack. This Homemade Smoked Salmon dip is a family favorite as it has the best creamy texture.
This dip is so addicting and is made with simple ingredients. You will love how quick and easy it is to prepare. We love to serve with crackers, bagel chips and more.
Feel free to change the seasoning to make this dip your own. It taste amazing and one of our favorite seafood dips. Stock up on these easy supplies for a delicious last minute dip.
Why You’ll Love Smoked Salmon Dip:
- Simple Ingredients – I love that this dip is made with simple ingredients. I can easily pick these items up at my local grocery store for a last minute appetizer.
- Quick and Easy Dip – This is dip is simple to make. You can even make ahead of time which saves you time when serving. This is my go-to creamy dip as smoked salmon dip is delicious.
- Serving – Serve this dip on your charcuterie board or with a place of crackers. I love to make for a delicious dip to enjoy while we are hanging out on the weekends.
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lemon (juiced)
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Dill (chopped)
- Smoked Salmon (flaked)
How to Make Smoked Salmon Dip:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – Combining the cream cheese, sour cream, and lemon juice. Add in minced garlic, fresh dill and salt with a hand held mixer until smooth and combined.
- Step 2 – Add the Smoked Salmon – Stir the flaked salmon into the mixture until well combined.
- Step 3 – Cool Dip – Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 1 hour.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve cold with your favorite dippers and enjoy. We love to garnish with chopped green onions.
What to Serve with Smoked Salmon Dip?
You can really serve this delicious chopped salmon dip with many different options. We love to place a bowl of this dip on our charcuterie board.
Here are some of our favorites.
- Ritz Crackers
- Tortilla Chips
- Raw Vegetables – Cucumber slices, Carrots, broccoli, or celery
- Kettle Chips
- Baguette Slices
You can also serve this dip as a smoked salmon spread. Pick up some bread from your local bakery for a delicious spread for brunch.
Dip for Smoked Salmon Recipe Tips:
- Quality Smoked Salmon – When making this recipe, we recommend using quality ingredients. You can buy your salmon at the grocery store in the meat market or frozen. If using frozen, make sure to allow it to thaw.
- Cream Cheese – Before combining ingredients, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. It helps to combine the ingredients with ease so that it is smooth and creamy.
- Flake Salmon – You should be able to easily flake the salmon with a fork. Do this before mixing it in with the other ingredients.
- One Bowl Dip – Everything is mixed together in less than 5 minutes in one bowl. Makes for an easy appetizer. Mix the ingredients with a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning on this simple dip. Salt and pepper are great, but try adding in other seasoning.
- Food Processor – If you are adding in capers, you may need to use a food processor to blend chop them. This helps them to mix into the dip easily.
- Fresh Herbs – Add fresh herbs to the dip for amazing flavor. Try adding fresh chives. We have even added in chopped red onion for amazing flavor.
- Lemon Zest – We love the flavor that fresh lemon juice gives to this dip. I recommend using fresh lemon instead of bottle lemon juice. Add in lemon zest to enhance the lemon flavor.
- Smoked Fish – This smoked fish dip would be delicious dipped with fresh shrimp if you prefer.
- Sour Cream – If you want a lighter version of this dip, substitute the sour cream with Greek Yogurt. You can also use mayonnaise for a great alternative.
Can this Dip be prepared ahead of time?
If we are making this dip for a party, we like to make ahead of time. I usually make it the night before serving so it will be ready to serve. This saves me so much time.
In fact, I like to make ahead of time as we think it taste better as the ingredients blend together.
How Long is Smoked Salmon Dip Good For:
If this dip is stored properly, it will stay good for up to 5 days. We love having dips on hand. This way when you need a little snack, you can take straight from the fridge and serve.
How to Store Leftovers:
Cover and refrigerate the leftovers for up to 5 days. Store in an airtight container and make sure to chill when not serving.
Easy Smoked Salmon Dip:
This is one of the easiest dip to make for all your parties including game day and holidays. It is full of flavor and easy to make. Family and friends will love it. This simple ingredients gives it so much flavor.
I love how creamy it is and how everything blends perfectly together. The entire recipe is so simple and really fast. It is the best dip for parties, game night or just a snack during the week.
Let us know once you try it. Your friends and family will be asking you for the recipe.
Print Recipe for Smoked Salmon Dip:
Smoked Salmon Dip
- Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, minced garlic, fresh dill and salt with a hand held mixer until smooth and combined.
- Stir the flaked salmon into the mixture until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe