This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you love Ranch Dip, then you are going to love Cottage Cheese Dip. It is a healthier version and is easy to make with simple ingredients.
Easy Cottage Cheese Dip Recipe:
We love making dips for gatherings and for parties. We always make Ranch dip but using cottage cheese as a base makes it healthier. Add in your favorite fresh herbs and spices for a delicious dip.
We love that this dip is high-protein and can be served with your favorite vegetables. The creamy texture and delicious taste makes this dip a crowd favorite. Also try Cottage Cheese Queso.
The next time you need a delicious dip recipe, make this whipped cottage cheese dip. You will be surprised that your guest won’t be able to tell the difference from your classic ranch dip.
What is Cottage Cheese Dip?
If you are looking for a healthy, high protein dip use cottage cheese. It puts a twist on your ranch dip by whipping up cottage cheese and adding in spices.
You will be amazed how delicious it is and can be served many different ways. Serve as a appetizer or a spread for your sandwiches.
How to Blend Dip Ingredients:
To make this cottage cheese dip is best to mixed with a food processor. It makes it have a whipped texture and easily blended with the spices.
If you do not have a food processor, you can easily use a blender. It creates a smooth creamier texture. Using a blender, you may just need to scrape the sides to make sure everything gets blended.
The next time you need a dip, skip the full fat sour cream and mix it with cottage cheese.
- Cottage Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Dill
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Chives (for garnish)
How to Make Cottage Cheese Dip:
- Step 1 – Blend Ingredients – Place the cottage cheese, onion powder and garlic powder in the food processor. Add in dill, salt and cayenne pepper in a food processor or a blend. Blend until smooth.
- Step 2 – Chill, Serve and Enjoy – Chill until ready to serve. When serving, garnish with the chives and serve with your favorite vegetables or chips. Enjoy!
What Mixes well With Cottage Cheese:
If you love cottage cheese as much as we do, then try other ways to enjoy it. Here are some of our favorite combinations.
- Slice up avocados and serve with fresh cilantro.
- Fresh Fruit and Chopped Nuts
- Apples with a teaspoon of Cinnamon sprinkled on the top.
- Slice grapefruit with honey and nuts for a delightful treat.
- Blending Ingredients – We recommend using a food processor to blend the ingredients. But you can also use a blender. Use what you have and works best for you.
- Chill Dip – For best results, we recommend keeping in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Make Ahead – If you prefer you can make this dip ahead of time. We think it taste better as the ingredients really marinate well together.
- Serving – Once you have blended the ingredients, place in a bowl. You can place on a charcuterie board or serve it as an appetizer.
What to Serve with Cottage Cheese Dip:
We serve this dip with a variety of vegetable and crackers. Because of the similar taste of a ranch dip, it can be served with many different things. These are some of our favorites.
- Veggies – Celery, Carrot, Broccoli, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers
- Pita Bread
- Tortilla Chips
What does it Taste Like?
Cottage cheese is being served with many different cottage cheese recipes. People are even mixing it with scrambled eggs. It is high in protein and its creamy texture, everyone is really enjoying it more.
This dip has a similar taste and flavor as the ranch dip. The spices that we add have some of the same ingredients as the Ranch seasoning packet. Which makes it the perfect dipping snack but a healthier, high protein dip.
- Cottage Cheese – Feel free to make this dip with low-fat cottage cheese or full-fat cottage cheese.
- Cream Cheese – You may want to substitute the cottage cheese with cream cheese. The texture will be different but it will still taste amazing. Make sure you let the cream cheese rest at room temperature before combining ingredients.
- Seasoning – Feel Free to change the seasoning with the dip. You can squeeze fresh lemon juice before serving. Mix in fresh dill, fresh ground black pepper and parsley for added flavor.
- Greek Yogurt – Instead of cottage cheese, make the seasoning with greek yogurt. It is a creamy version and it is still a healthy choice.
- Lettuce Wraps – This cottage cheese dip texture has a thick texture, so it would be amazing used as a spread. Top the lettuce with cottage cheese and add shredded lunch meat for a quick and healthy meal idea.
- Ranch Seasoning – If you prefer you can still mix the cottage cheese with a ranch seasoning packet.
Can I Make Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make this cottage cheese dip about 1 to 2 days ahead of time. We think it taste even better when we make it the night before serving.
Make sure to keep in the refrigerator when not serving, as it is best served cold.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
We do not recommend placing in the freezer. Once the dip thaws, the texture will change.
Print Recipe for Cottage Cheese Dip:
Cottage Cheese Dip
- Place the cottage cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, salt and cayenne pepper in a food processor or a blend. Blend until smooth.
- Chill until ready to serve. When serving, garnish with the chives and serve with your favorite vegetables or chips. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe