This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Homemade Ranch Dip is super easy to make and perfect for dipping. Enjoy with your favorite vegetables for a delicious snack.
This Homemade Ranch Dip is a must any time we make a fresh vegetables tray. It taste better than Store-Bought Hidden Valley Ranch and is made with simple pantry ingredients.
Table of Contents
Is Ranch Dressing and Ranch Dip the same?
No, they are different. Ranch Salad dressing is thinner to use on salad and it also has mayonnaise in it. It is really easy to make though and we have a simple homemade ranch dressing recipe.
Ranch dip does not have mayo as an ingredient. It is also much thicker so that it can be used for dipping.
While different, both are very easy to make and so delicious. I really like making homemade dips and dressing.
They taste a ton better than anything at the grocery store and take just minutes to make. It is also inexpensive to make.
- Sour Cream –
- Buttermilk Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Dill (see The Best Fresh Dill Substitutes)
- Dried Chives
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Salt or Garlic Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Fresh Herbs – We used dried herbs but fresh herbs can be used if you prefer.
- Healthier Option – Greek yogurt can be substituted if you prefer to use it instead of the sour cream.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – First, get out a medium size mixing bowl. Add all of the ingredients together and mix until well combined.
- Step 2 – Now, just cover and put in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Combining Ingredients – When combining ingredients make sure to scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowls. This ensures that all the spices get combined into the sour cream.
- Chill – I like to make this dip ahead of time to allow it time to chill. I think it taste better and has more flavor when it is refrigerated for at least an hour.
- Bell Peppers- red, green and yellow
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sugar Snap Peas
Those are just some ideas. Feel free to serve with your favorite veggies and enjoy. The dip is also really good with crackers, pita chips and even potato chips.
If you like chips and dip, try using this ranch dip. It is better than the store bought ranch dip for chips. Perfect for snacking and so quick and easy. My kids even like to dip these Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets or Chicken Wings into this Homemade Ranch.
How to Store Leftovers
The dip needs to go in the refrigerator inside an air tight container. It will last up to 1 week if stored properly.
More Easy Homemade Dip Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Fruit Dip
- The Best Pico de Gallo
- Crack Dip Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- Copycat Fritos Bean Dip Recipe
- Mexican Corn Salsa Recipe
- Fiesta Ranch Dip
- Cottage Cheese Dip
We love hearing from you. If you make this Homemade Ranch Dip Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Homemade Ranch Dip
- Stir together all the ingredients together in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and enjoy!
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe