This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crack dip is creamy and full of bacon and cheese. Take one bite and you will be hooked. It is amazing and super easy.
What is crack dip?
I didn’t name this dip but it is delicious. This easy dip recipe is a warm dip filled with cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, shredded cheddar cheese, and cooked bacon. This combination makes a delicious dip.
Crack dip recipe
This recipe seriously had me at bacon. Oh and the cheese! Crack dip combines some of my favorite food into one perfect dip recipe. If you love our Crack Chicken Dip, Crack Potatoes, and Slow Cooker Crack Chicken, you will love this delicious dip recipe.
Anytime I bring this to parties or game day, it is the first dish to go. Everyone always wants the recipe. It literally takes no time at all to make.
From parties to hanging out at home, this savory dip with crumbled bacon on top makes a frequent appearance.
- Cream Cheese – this needs to be softened
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – the dry pack of ranch
- Real Bacon Bits – You can also cook 12 slices of bacon and crumble it.
- Cheddar Cheese – We used sharp cheddar but mild would work as well. You could also try Colby Jack shredded cheese.
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
How to make crack dip:
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Second, mix together the cream cheese, ranch, bacon, sour cream and part of the cheddar cheese by hand or with a hand mixer.
Next, put the mixture into a 8X8 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake.
During the last 5 minutes, remove the foil and top with the remaining cheddar cheese on top. Bake a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Finally, garnish with green onions or chives, and serve warm.
- Crockpot- You can also make this recipe in the crock pot! Just put the mixture on the bottom of the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
This will vary based on your crockpot but you want to make sure the dip is heated through. When it is just about finished, add the rest of the shredded cheese on top.
Put the lid back on and cook until the cheese has melted. This normally takes another 10 minutes.
- Serve Cold – Try serving this dish cold. It is really good gold and makes for another great idea. Just mix everything together and enjoy.
Here are a few of our favorite dippers.
- Crackers- sesame, wheat thins, veggie, triscuits or any type you like.
- Baguettes – toasted baguettes and crusty bread are great for dippin.
- Veggies- serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber slices, bell peppers, and broccoli.
- Tortilla chips, potato chips, or corn chips- Both of these are great options for dipping.
Crack dip stores and reheats great! Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, or store this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. We do not recommend freezing this dip, as the consistency of this cream cheese dip changes.
Print easy crack dip recipe:
Crack dip Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together the cream cheese, ranch seasoning mix, bacon bits, sour cream and 1 ½ cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Then place the mixture into a 8X8 baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil, add the remaining cheddar cheese on top and bake for additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with the green onions and serve warm.
- Notes:This can also be made in the crock pot! Add the mixture to a bottom of a crock pot, cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours until the dip is heated through. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese, cover and cook for 10-15 until the cheese has melted.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe