This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Beer Cheese Dip is the perfect dip for pretzels, vegetables and tortilla chips. The best appetizer for game day party or for a holiday gathering.
Beer Cheese Dip for Pretzels:
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe is the perfect cheesy appetizer. It is made with two different kinds of cheese, a can of beer and simple seasoning. This dip is creamy, cheesy and delicious that is always a crowd favorite.
There is no processed cheese needed to make this pretzel cheese dip. You will love this homemade beer cheese dip and never buy store bought cheese dip again. The ingredients are all combined in a sauce pan to be served for many occasions.
Creamy, delicious, and the perfect texture will have your family and friends coming back for more. Serve with pretzels, chips or veggies for a delicious appetizer. This cheese dip is like a cheese fondue.
What is Beer Cheese Dip Made of?
Beer Cheese Dip is made up of different types of shredded cheese, simple seasoning and a can of beer.
You can use different types of beer. You can use dark beers, light beer and even non-alcoholic beers will work for this recipe. Depending on the type of beer you use, will depend on the flavor of the cheese dip.
If you are serving the beer dip with pretzels bites or tortilla chips, then choose a darker beer. We like using a lighter beer when serving with vegetables. You might also like Million Dollar Dip or our Crockpot Beer Cheese Soup.
- Garlic Powder
- Beer (We used a Budweiser)
- Dijon Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Swiss Cheese (shredded)
How to Make Beer Cheese Dip:
- Step 1 – Melt Butter – Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add in the flour and garlic powder. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly the butter and flour.
- Step 2 – Add in Milk and Beer – Then gradually add in the milk and beer, whisking until well combined after each addition. Continue to cook and whisk the mixture.
- Step 3 – Mix in Mustard and Worcestershire – Then stir in the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Continue to cook and whisk until the mixture has thickened.
- Step 4 – Add in Cheeses – Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in both of the shredded cheeses. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve with soft pretzels, chips or your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
Does Beer Cheese Dips have Alcohol?
Yes, you Beer Cheese Dips have alcohol in it. You can use any type of beer in this recipe. A dark beer will give the cheese dip a more bitter flavor and a lighter beer will give the cheese dip a lighter flavor.
Can Beer Cheese Dip be Made ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the cheese dip ahead of time. Prepare the cheese dip and allow it to cool to room temperature. Place the cheese dip in covered in a container and place in the refrigerator.
When you are read to serve, reheat on the stove top in a sauce pan on low. You may need to add a little milk to make it creamy again.
Tips for Beer Cheese Pretzel Dip:
- Use Hunk Cheese – Make sure to shred your own freshly shredded cheese and do not use pre-shredded cheese so that your beer cheese dip is smooth.
- Combining Ingredients – Melt butter and stir in flour and garlic powder and heat for 1 minute before adding in the other ingredients.
- Thicken Sauce – Combine the ingredients in a sauce pan, when the mixture has thicken then remove the sauce pan from heat. Then stir in the cheeses.
What to Serve with Beer Cheese Dip?
This Beer Cheese Dip can be served with many different things to dip into it. Here are our favorites.
- Vegetables – celery, carrots, broccoli, bell pepper
- Bread Sticks
- Cheese – We used Sharp Shredded Cheddar and Swiss for this recipe, but you can easily use gruyere or mozzarella cheese.
- Change Beer – You can use different types of beer. Changing the beer may change the flavor or texture of the cheese dip.
- Change Seasoning – Feel free to add in red pepper flakes or hot sauce to add extra spice to the cheese dip.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The sauce will thicken as it’s refrigerate. Add more milk to the cheese sauce when reheating to thin it back out.
The Perfect Appetizer:
If you are looking for an easy appetizer for your next party or game day gathering, this is the appetizer to make. It is made with simple ingredients and is easy to make.
Serve with your favorite french bread, pretzels, veggies, or tortilla chips for the ultimate cheese dip.
Print Recipe here for Beer Cheese Dip:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in the flour and garlic powder. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Then gradually add in the milk and beer, whisking until well combined after each addition. Continue to cook and whisk the mixture. Then stir in the dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce. Continue to cook and whisk until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in both of the shredded cheeses. Stirl until melted and smooth.
- Serve with soft pretzels, chips or your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe