This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Cowboy Crack Dip is the perfect dip to serve for any occasion. You only need a few ingredients to make this flavorful dip.
Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Crack Dip Recipe:
If you are looking for a delicious appetizer dip to serve for game day party, make this cowboy crack dip. You only need 5 simple ingredients and everything gets dump into the slow cooker.
This spicy and creamy dip is a crowd favorite. It is perfect for large crowds and perfect for dipping your favorite tortilla chips in. The combination of the ingredients makes the flavors mouth watering.
- Cream Cheese (8 oz each)
- Spicy Ground Sausage
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Frozen Corn
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (10 oz each)
How to Make Cowboy Crack Dip in the Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Brown the spicy sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Break up the sausage as it cooks. Drain off the excess grease.
- Step 2 – Add the browned ground sausage and the remaining ingredients to a crock pot.
- Step 3 – Cook on low for 1-2 hours until the cheese is melted and dip is cooked.
- Step 4 – Top with green onions and serve with chips and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- Cheese – We recommend shredding the cheese yourself instead of using pre-shredded cheese. It has added ingredients and doesn’t always melt very well.
- Cream Cheese – Once the cream cheese has melted and combined with the other ingredients, set your slow cooker to warm. This keeps the cream cheese from curdling.
- Sausage – After spicy sausage is browned and drained, add to the slow cooker with the other ingredients.
Variations & Additions:
- Corn – We used frozen corn in this recipe, but you can use canned corn instead. Just make sure to drain it before adding to the slow cooker.
- Jalapenos – For extra spicy flavor, add in slice jalapenos before serving. You can also top with hot sauce or cayenne pepper.
- Creamier Dip – For a a creamier dip option, you can stir in a cup of sour cream.
- Bacon Bits – If you have some cooked bacon, crumble the bacon and serve over the top.
- Vegetables – Feel free to add in bell peppers or onions for added flavor and texture.
Is the Dip Spicy?
Yes, this crack dip is spicy because of the hot sausage that is added. But it is not too spicy that it can be enjoyed by all ages.
How to Bake Cowboy Crack Dip:
Cowboy Crack Dip can be baked instead of placed in the slow cooker. Combine the ingredients together and place in a baking dish. Top the casserole with cheese and cream cheese.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until melted.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Cowboy Crack Dip:
- Potato Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Fresh Vegetables
How to Store Leftovers Crack Corn Dip:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Print Recipe for Crock Pot Cowboy Crack Dip:
Crock Pot Cowboy Crack Dip
- Brown the spicy sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Break up the sausage as it cooks. Drain off the excess grease.
- Add the browned ground sausage and the remaining ingredients to a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 1-2 hours until the cheese is melted and all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe