Avocado Dip is so creamy and delicious. This is the perfect snack or party food to enjoy with tortilla chips or pita chips. Only 5 ingredients needed!
What’s the difference between avocado dip and guacamole?
Avocado dip has Greek yogurt in it for a really creamy dip recipe. Guacamole is typically just avocado and seasoning.
Both are delicious! If you have not tried Avocado Dip, it is a must try. We all love it!
Let’s make Avocado Dip!
- Avocado (Learn How to Cut an Avocado and How to Ripen Avocados Quickly)
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Garlic Powder
How to make Avocado Dip
First, take the avocado from the shell and put it in a medium size mixing bowl. Remove the pit.
Make sure to use ripe avocados.
Second, mash the avocado. You can use a fork or potato masher.
Next, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder and salt to the mashed avocado.
Mix everything together really well. That is it!
How do you keep avocado dip from turning brown?
To prevent the dip from turning brown, you can squeeze a little bit of lemon juice or lime juice on the top. Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap.
It is best to put the plastic wrap directly on top of the dip. This will help so that oxygen isn’t able to get to it and help prolong the dip from turning brown.
Another tip is to add cold water to the top, place plastic wrap on the container or a lid and this is supposed to help. When you are ready to eat, just pour the water off.
This will help keep it from browning for at least a day. However, this is best to serve right after making it before the avocado starts to turn brown over time.
What to serve with Avocado Dip recipe?
- tortilla chips
- pita chips
- veggie sticks- carrots and celery are great ideas
This dip is also delicious on salad. Just add a dollop to the top.
It also makes a great spread on wraps or sandwiches. The flavor is amazing and works with so many things.
- Red Onions – diced onion is delicious in this. Red onions are my favorite but you can use whatever you have. White or yellow onions would be fine.
- Sour Cream- Substitute sour cream for the Greek yogurt. Both of these ingredients give it the tangy flavor and taste great. I just prefer Greek yogurt because of the added protein.
- Roma Tomato – Garnish with diced tomatoes or mix them in the dip. This is really delicious.
- Fiesta Avocado Dip- Mix in Pico de gallo with this dip. It is really easy and so yummy. This is a favorite around here!
This dip is so good plain but also delicious with some of these fun options. However you make it, it will definitely be a recipe everyone comes back for more of.
This is the best snack!
If you have never tried avocado dip, you are in for a real treat. Now, I love normal guacamole but this new twist is really fabulous.
The Greek yogurt makes it super creamy and I love the tangy flavor. It is the best snack and also great for parties.
It is so easy to make and not at all complicated. You can toss this together in minutes for a really amazing dip recipe.
Jazz up plain guacamole and make this easy appetizer today. You will not be disappointed. Everyone will really enjoy it!
Print this Creamy Avocado Dip Recipe below:
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Remove the avocado from the shell and place in a medium size bowl.
- Mash the avocado.
- Mix in the yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder and salt.
- Serve with chips or pitas and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe