This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock pot cream cheese taco dip has only 5 ingredients and makes the best snack. The dip is so cheesy and really hearty with ground beef and salsa.
Crock pot cream cheese taco dip
Everyone has a go to recipe for parties and this is definitely one of mine. You really can’t go wrong with this quick and simple dip. The crock pot does all of the work and makes it perfect to serve warm for when you are ready to enjoy.
It has really great flavor and is the best comfort food. This is a guaranteed hit at your next movie night, get together or just when you want a great appetizer!
- ground beef- browned and drained
- Velveeta Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Taco Seasoning ( I like this easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix .)
How to make crock pot taco dip:
First, put all of the ingredients in a crock pot. I would use between a 2.5-4 quart size crock pot.
It is just that simple! Now, just cover and cook on low for 1 to 2 hours. Make sure to stir the dip frequently until the dip is fully melted and all of the ingredients are well combined.
Don’t forget to turn the crock pot to the warm setting once the dip is ready.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips for crockpot taco dip:
- After the dip sits awhile, it can start to thicken. I like to add a little milk right before serving. Try adding ½ cup of milk if you would like a thinner consistency. You might want to gradually add the milk in until you get the consistency that you prefer.
- We used a 3 quart crock pot but the recipe will work in a 2.5 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Serving this for a crowd or party? Double the recipe and use a regular size crock pot.
- Crockpot liners– Worth every penny! Clean up is so easy with these. .
What to serve with Crock pot cream cheese taco dip?
- Tortilla chips
- corn chips
- pita chips
- Vegetable sticks- carrots and celery
- Substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. No one will notice. The turkey blends with the flavor of everything else.
- Omit the meat! You will still have a delicious taco dip that is cheesy and amazing.
- Add a can of rotel to the ingredients. This will make it a little spicy.
- Use a can of bean free chili instead of the ground beef.
- Refried beans make a great substitution for the beef or you can also add it to the ground beef and have both.
- Shredded Cheese- Add a handful of your favorite shredded cheese to the top. Cover and cook for a minute or two. Just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Top each serving with sour cream and guacamole. You can also add a few diced tomatoes to each serving. If you want to spice things up, add jalapeno peppers on top of the dip!
This dip is so easy!
Whether you need something for game day or just a weeknight snack, this is the dip to make. It is so easy and cheesy. Just the best!
It is always a hit and everyone gobbles it up. I am always amazed that something so simple can be such a crowd pleaser. Everyone always wants the recipe.
Once I tell them how few ingredients the recipe calls for, they are shocked. I love when something is so simple yet so delicious.
Go ahead and make this dip this week. You will be so glad you did!
Print the recipe for crockpot taco dip below:
Crock pot cream cheese taco dip
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese Diced
- 16 oz Cream Cheese Diced
- 16 oz Salsa
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning or 1 package
- Place all the ingredients in a 2.5-4 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours (stirring frequently) until the dip is fully melted and combined.
- Once the dip is ready, switch to keep warm on your crock pot and serve with chips.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe