This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot cheeseburger dip recipe has hearty beef and so much cheese for the creamiest dip ever. This recipe is perfect for Game Day, parties and more.
Crockpot cheeseburger dip recipe
Everyone has a dish they are known for and this Crockpot Cheeseburger dip is what I always bring to parties. With only 4 ingredients, it is so easy and the slow cooker does all of the work.
The dip is really filling and the perfect party food with very little work. It is such an easy toss and go recipe. Anyone can make this.
The cream cheese and cheddar cheese create so much cheesy goodness. The ground beef makes it hearty and the green chilies spice things up. It is the best.
- Ground Beef. This needs to be cooked first using a large skillet on medium high heat until no longer pink. Make sure to drain before placing in the slow cooker.
- Cream Cheese. I like to dice this into small pieces so it melts better.
- diced tomatoes with Green Chilies. Do not drain this. All of the juice has so much flavor and helps to give the dip the perfect consistency.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese. It is best to shred the cheese by hand instead of buying the bags of shredded cheese. It melts smoother and turns out better.
How to make crockpot cheeseburger dip
- First, put all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. We used a small 3-4 quart size crock pot.
- Then stir everything together.
- Finally, cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. You can also cook this on high for 1 to 2 hours. Make sure to stir occasionally until all the cheese has melted. You want all of the ingredients to be well combined.
- When the dip is ready, turn the crockpot setting to warm.
Salt and pepper to taste.
How to make bacon cheeseburger dip:
There are a couple of options. You can add a 6 oz jar of real bacon bits to the dip mixture when going into the slow cooker. Combine and cook as normal.
Another option is to fry 8 strips of bacon and drain the grease. Allow to cool on a paper towel and chop into pieces. Sprinkle into the crock pot mixture and cook as directed.
I also like to save a few pieces of bacon to garnish the top of the dip with after it has finished cooking.
Bacon cheeseburger dip is delicious.
What to serve with Cheeseburger Crockpot Dip?
- Tortilla chips. My kids love the scoops so they can easily eat the dip.
- Corn Chips. The chili corn chips add extra flavor. Potato chips are also good. I would use ridges so they hold up better.
- Veggies. Lighten things up and serve this with carrot or celery sticks.
- Crackers. Ritz crackers taste amazing with this.
What size crock pot?
The small size is best. I would use a 3 to 4 quart size slow cooker.
This is perfect for parties and you can easily keep the dip warm.
- Meat. You can substitute ground turkey in this recipe.
- Tomatoes. If you do not like the green chilies, just use a can of plain tomatoes.
- Cheese. Cheddar is our favorite but you can use any type of cheese you like. Pepper jack cheese would spice things up. You can also use Velveeta cheese.
- Sour cream. This is delicious topped with sour cream when serving.
- Worcestershire sauce. Add a tablespoon of this with garlic powder to the meat mixture.
How to store leftovers:
You can refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 to 7 days.
To reheat, I recommend putting this dip in a crock pot or using the stovetop. Stir occasionally while reheating and gradually add in milk until the dip is the consistency that you would prefer.
It will get thicker so you will probably need to thin it out. I would just add a little milk a time so you don’t put too much.
Print this crockpot cheeseburger dip recipe:
Crock pot Cheeseburger Dip
- Place all the ingredients in a 2-4 quart crock pot. Stir together.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1-2 hours stirring occasionally until all the cheese is melted and ingredients are well combined. Make sure to turn
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe