It’s easy to think that lasagna is complicated and time consuming. However, it doesn’t have to be with this easy lasagna casserole! This Easy Lasagna bake is so quick and simple to make!
Your family will love this easy lasagna casserole recipe!
We love easy casseroles around here. They are the perfect solution for dinner on a busy night. This Quick and Easy Lasagna Casserole is packed with meat, cheese and tons of flavor!
I always make one for dinner and another for the freezer. It doesn’t take any extra time and I have dinner for another night without any extra work. So helpful!
Don’t you just love when a meal is freezer friendly? It is so nice to have an extra for later.
- Ground Beef
- Rotini Noodles
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
How to make lasagna casserole
- First, brown the ground beef and the onion until no longer pink. I like to boil the noodles for the casserole while the meat is cooking.
- Second, mix together the crushed tomatoes, seasonings and the ground beef you just cooked.
- Next, get the cheese mixture ready. You need to set aside half of the mozzarella cheese for later so you can sprinkle on the top.
- Then mix the rest of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and the egg together.
- Finally, stir in the cooked pasta and make sure it is coated really well.
- Put half of the pasta in the bottom of the baking pan. We used a 9×13 and it was perfect.
- Next, add half of the meat mixture to the dish. Keep repeating until all of the pasta and meat is layered.
- Now, grab the cheese you set aside earlier. Sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes. Oven times vary but you just want the cheese melted and the casserole bubbly.
- Once it comes out of the oven, let the casserole sit for 15 minutes before serving. This will make it easier to cut and serve.
How to freeze
Make the casserole just like normal. However, don’t bake it. Freeze before baking and use a freezer friendly pan or a disposable pan.
When you are ready to eat, let the casserole thaw overnight in the fridge. Then bake at 350 for 1 hour covered. Enjoy!
What to serve with lasagna casserole
We like to serve this with Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks. It’s so good!
Do you know how to freeze garlic bread? I do this all the time and it makes it super easy to take out on a busy night to enjoy.
Throw in a simple garden salad or steam broccoli in the microwave for a quick side dish! Talk about a delicious and easy meal!
WHAT KIND OF PASTA IS BEST
We used rotini but any type will be great. You can use what is in the pantry!
Other great ideas include: elbow, bowtie and penne. You can even break up lasagna noodles.
The result of this Lasagna Style Pasta Bake:
My kids devoured this! I made 2 and we ate one and then froze one. We just ate the one from the freezer and it tasted as great as the first one.
It would actually be VERY easy to make several of these. You might want to put a few extra in the freezer for busy nights or when you need to take a meal to someone.
I created the recipe so that you only work once, but make two meals!
I hope your family enjoys! This really is a huge time saver and didn’t require any extra work.
HOW TO LIGHTEN IT UP:
- Use ground turkey instead of the beef.
- Omit the meat all together. The cheese and tomato mixture is so amazing that you can really just us that.
- Use cottage cheese instead of ricotta in the cheese mixture.
- Sneak in veggies! You can add carrots and zucchini to the tomato mixture.
- This recipe is perfect in a 9×13 casserole dish. The ones with the lid are really handy if you are taking this dish somewhere. I use the disposable pans for the one I put in the freezer.
- Keep an extra casserole in the freezer to take to someone after surgery or that just had a baby.
Print this lasagna casserole recipe below:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 16 oz rotini noodles
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning dried
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef and onion until cooked. While the meat is cooking, boil the noodles according to package directions until al dente.
- Mix crushed tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in with the meat mixture..
- Reserve half of mozzarella cheese aside to sprinkle on the top of the casserole.
- Combine the rest of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, beaten eggs together in a large bowl.
- Then stir in the cooked pasta. Coat the pasta completely with the cheese mixture.
- Place half of the pasta on the bottom of the 9X13 pan. Then place half of the meat mixture on top of the pasta.
- Repeat the process until all of the pasta and meat mixture is layered in the pan. Top with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes (until bubbly). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe