This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow Cooker Lasagna is easy, flavorful and the perfect weeknight meal. Cooking this classic recipe in the crockpot allows you to save time and less mess.
Lasagna is a family favorite recipe. But the traditional lasagna recipe takes many steps to prepare. But this crockpot lasagna allows me to make this classic recipe in half the steps. It taste delicious and the slow cooker does all the work.
Making Crock Pot Recipes helps me to get a tasty dinner on the table even during a busy weeknight. If you are looking for easy, budget friendly slow cooker meals make one of these recipes. Slow Cooker White Lasagna Soup, Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna Recipe, or Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup are just a few of our favorites.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Recipe:
This crock pot lasagna recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal, but is always great to make for a crowd. You can easily cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat and layer in a slow cooker.
It takes minutes of prep time and your family will be excited that they get their favorite recipe during the week. Easy crockpot lasagna recipe cooks with so much flavor and perfect served with your favorite bread and salad.
- Ground Beef (or Italian Sausage)
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Jars of Good-Quality Italian Pasta Sauce
- Uncooked No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
- Ricotta Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Finely-Chopped Fresh Basil
Scroll to the bottom to see recipe card for the full list of ingredients and recipe.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Meat – This recipe can be made with ground turkey or a combination of ground beef and ground turkey. We love to add in Italian Sausage for added flavor.
- Seasoning – We used an Italian Seasoning blend, but feel free to add in additional seasoning. We like add in kosher salt, black pepper, and cloves garlic instead of minced garlic.
- Pasta Sauce – What makes this recipe so easy is by using store bought jar spaghetti sauce. But you can also make your own tomato sauce. There are many options and flavors to choose from. Use what you prefer.
- Veggies – Lasagna is a great recipe to sneak in your favorite veggies. We love to add in chopped onion, diced up spinach or bell peppers. Make sure to serve with chopped parsley on top for added flavor.
- Cheese – Mozzarella Cheese is our go-to cheese when making this lasagna recipe. Feel free to add in what you prefer. We have also substituted cottage cheese for ricotta cheese for a delicious swap.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a skillet, brown the ground beef, drain any grease. Add the minced garlic and the Italian seasoning.
Step 2 – Stir in the 2 Jars of pasta sauce.
Step 3 – Spread 1 cups of the pasta sauce mixture evenly along the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step 4 – Layer about 4 lasagna noodles (breaking them into smaller pieces as needed to fit) evenly over the sauce to cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step 5 – Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese evenly on top of the noodles. It is ok if it is messy and uneven. Sprinkle ½ cup Mozzarella cheese in an even layer on top of the ricotta.
Step 6 – Layer ¼ of the pasta sauce in an even layer. Repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, cheese mixture, and meat sauce. Cover and cook on low or on high. Season with salt, pepper and top with remaining cheese then serve and enjoy.
- Cooking Ground Beef – We recommend cooking the ground beef before layering in the slow cooker. If you have a slow cooker that is multi-function like the Instant Pot Aura, then you can cook everything in your slow cooker.
- Adding Noodles – We used no boil noodles when making this crockpot lasagna recipe. When layering in the slow cooker, you may need to break them to place in the slow cooker. It does not have to be perfect.
- Layering Ingredients – Layer the ingredients in the slow cooker until you use all the ingredients.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary based on your slow cooker. We like cooking on low so I can set it in the morning and it is ready when I get home. Allow the lasagna to rest in the slow cooker before serving.
What to Serve with Lasagna:
This slow cooker recipe is great served with many different sides. We love serving this when feeding a crowd because it makes so much. These are our favorite side dishes to serve.
- Garlic Bread – Garlic bread is a must when we make this Italian dish. It completes the meal and is easy to make with leftover bread.
- Salad – Make this Easy Caesar Salad for a light and delicious side dish.
- Roasted Veggies – If you are looking for a delicious side dish that is light and healthy, make this Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Lasagna is great leftover and can easily be reheated in the microwave or place back in the oven.
Yes, you can freeze your leftovers by placing in a freezer safe container. Make sure to cover with plastic wrap and foil to safely store the lasagna. It will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
Yes, you can use regular lasagna noodles, but make sure to increase the sauce or add in water.
More Easy Lasagna Recipes:
- Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
- Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- Quick and Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- Zucchini Lasagna
We love hearing from you. If you make this Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef or Italian Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 24-ounce jars of good-quality Italian pasta sauce
- 16 uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Add the minced garlic and the Italian seasoning.
- Stir in the 2 Jars of pasta sauce.
- Spread 1 cups of the pasta sauce mixture evenly along the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer about 4 lasagna noodles (breaking them into smaller pieces as needed to fit) evenly over the sauce to cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese evenly on top of the noodles. It is ok if it is messy and uneven.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the shredded Mozzarella cheese in an even layer on top of the ricotta.
- Layer ¼ of the pasta sauce in an even layer.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, Mozzarella/Parmesan, and meat sauce.
- Continue repeating until all the ingredients are gone except the parmesan cheese and chopped basil. That should be 4 layers.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, or until the noodles are tender.
- Turn off the heat and let the lasagna rest for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the lasagna evenly with the Parmesan and fresh basil. Serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe