Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna is a one pot dinner layered with meat, cheese, pasta and the best tomato sauce. If you love lasagna but not all of the work, this easy crock pot recipe is for you!
Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna
Lasagna is one of our favorite meals but it can be hard to serve during the week because of all of the prep work. Now, thanks to this Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna it is SO easy! Toss everything into the crockpot and enjoy lasagna even during weeknights.
You get all the flavors of traditional lasagna but with the ease of the slow cooker. It is a win-win.
The sausage is a nice change and adds a ton of flavor in this Italian dish. Yum!
What to serve with crockpot sausage lasagna?
The delicious tomato sauce is so flavorful that you will want something to dip into that sauce. We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and it is perfect for getting every last bit of that amazing sauce.
We often serve a simple salad with this meal. It is quick and easy!
We love to keep things simple around here so we can get dinner on the table fast.
Ingredients for crock pot sausage lasagna recipe:
- Italian Sausage
- Fresh Spinach
- crushed tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- minced garlic
- Lasagna Noodles
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to make Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Lasagna:
First, brown the Italian sausage and cut into big, chunky pieces.
Next, place in the crock pot. Add the seasonings, fresh spinach and canned tomatoes.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
When finished, stir in the ricotta cheese and the cooked noodles.
Top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy! Top with fresh basil if you prefer.
Crockpot lasagna with broken noodles is so easy!
This recipe really takes all the prep work out and makes lasagna super easy. Since you use broken noodles, it is really just a toss and go recipe. No need for all of the layers which takes more time.
Make sure you have a good crock pot to make slow cooker lasagna.
I have the Ninja cooking system and it is my absolute favorite. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker.
It is nice to just have the one pan to clean and it is very handy. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
If you are in the market for a new crockpot, this one is my favorite. I use this all the time and it’s great.
This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere. I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing!
There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
If you don’t use the liners, I would use cooking spray.
More ideas to try with crock pot Italian sausage lasagna recipe:
- Out of lasagna noodles? Substitute penne, elbow or even spaghetti noodles.
- Feel free to use ground turkey, ground beef or ground Italian Sausage as a substitute.
- Use the type of cheese that is your favorite or what you have on hand. You can even add extra.
- We love the spinach but you can omit this if you prefer.
- Marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce can be substituted for the tomatoes
- Substitute cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese
As you can see, it is simple to make this recipe your own and adjust for what you have on hand.
We also love to add onion and bell peppers to the tomato mixture. We use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the onions and peppers.
If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have children that are picky.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
Print this Crock pot sausage lasagna recipe below:
Crock pot Sausage Lasagna
- 2 lbs Italian Sausage Browned, cut into big chunky pieces
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach chopped
- 4 crushed tomatoes canned 14.5 oz
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 ts[ salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 16 oz. Lasagna Noodles torn into pieces and cooked
- 16 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz. Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Brown Italian sausage and cut into big, chunky pieces.
- Place in the crock pot.
- Add seasonings, fresh spinach and canned tomatoes.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- When finished, stir in the ricotta cheese and the cooked noodles.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy lasagna recipes:
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Turkey Lasagna
- Lazy Day Lasagna Recipe
- Lazy Day Crock pot Lasagna Recipe
- Quick Easy Recipe Skillet Lasagna
- Lazy Day Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- Hearty Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe