Crock pot Spaghetti Casserole Recipe is the easiest one pot meal for an amazing dinner any day of the week. The crock pot does all the work and clean up is easy too.
Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole Recipe:
Spaghetti is always a hit and this super easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole Recipe makes it even easier. The homemade sauce has the best flavor and the cheese is melted and delicious.
You literally toss it all in the slow cooker including the noodles. This is the best meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. Crockpot Spaghetti Casserole is loaded with flavor and is always a family favorite.
If you love this slow cooker recipe then your must try our Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce with meat. If you love meatballs try our Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe. No need for a ton of pots and pans when you can make pasta recipes in the slow cooker.
Can you Cook Pasta in a Crockpot?
Yes and this makes this recipe so quick and easy. I love that you have less pans because of this. The pasta goes in the crockpot during the last 30 minutes and gets cooked to perfection!
Everything literally goes in the slow cooker making this one of the easiest one pot meals ever. You can even cook the pasta in the slow cooker.
This recipe really cuts down on multiple pans for the meat, the sauce and another to boil the noodles. None of that is necessary when you make this recipe.
Just one pot is needed. Talk about a win for Mom and a game changer for busy weeknights. Everyone will love this easy dish.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Yellow Onion, chopped
- Minced Garlic
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Diced Tomatoes
- Beef Broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Dried Spaghetti Pasta, broken into thirds
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
How to Make Spaghetti Casserole in Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place ground beef (not browned) in the crock pot. Add in the onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, and diced tomatoes. Then stir in Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper and the beef broth.
- Step 2 – Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Step 3 – Remove the lid and break apart the beef until it is crumbled.
- Step 4 – Stir in the broken spaghetti pieces.
- Step 5 – Cover and turn to high.
- Step 6 – Cook on high for 30 minutes or until pasta is soft.
- Step 7 – Spread the mozzarella cheese on top over pasta sauces. Cover and allow it to melt.
- Step 8 – Serve with fresh parmesan and parsley on top.
This is so easy and the perfect meal even when you are busy. Keep reading for the full recipe.
Easy One Pot Spaghetti Meal:
This is perfect for busy days of work, activities and more. I can easily prepare everything in my slow cooker before heading out the door.
I love that I can serve my family an amazing meal and not spend hours in the kitchen. Plus, clean up is so quick and easy since we are only cleaning the slow cooker.
This recipe combines all the tastiness of spaghetti but into one casserole dish. The cheese makes it even better. It’s so delicious.
What to Serve with Cheesy Crockpot Spaghetti:
- Roasted Broccoli – We like to serve this spaghetti with Easy Grilled Broccoli. Easy to make and pairs perfectly with crockpot spaghetti.
- Garlic Cheese Sticks – Also, we love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. These are perfect to dip in the yummy spaghetti sauce. You can get every last drop of that delicious sauce! Delicious and amazing combination.
- Jalapeno Bread – If you like a little extra heat, try Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Cheesy Bread Recipe. It’s so cheesy and the jalapeno peppers make it really amazing. It’s so easy because it uses crescent rolls!
- Salad – Serve with a big green salad or a side of vegetables.
- Extra Kick – We like to add in some extra spices for a little of kick to our sauce. Adding in some red pepper flakes to taste gives it that extra spice that we all love.
- Extra Tomatoes – You can also use rotel or tomato sauce in this recipe. It’s such a great recipe and so versatile.
- Change the Meat – Use Italian Sausage instead of Ground Beef or do half of each. You can also use ground turkey.
- Cream Cheese – For a creamier sauce, mix in some cream cheese.
- Mushrooms – You can add in some slice mushrooms if your prefer.
- Vegetables – Green bell Peppers is also a great addition to this recipe.
- Meatless – If you prefer you can make this recipe without the meat. We recommend adding in more vegetables.
Spaghetti Casserole Tips:
- Cooking the Ground Beef – If you are using a higher fat beef, then brown it in a large skillet first. Then drain the fat and place it in the crock pot with the other ingredients.
- Pasta – Spaghetti Noodles or Linguini work great in this recipe but you can also use penne or rigatoni.
- Keep Warm – Once the spaghetti is finished cooking, you can keep warm in the slow cooker for up to 2 hours.
- Instant Pot – You can make this spaghetti recipe in the instant pot if you prefer. You will layer ingredients in the pressure cooker. Cook for about 10 minutes on high pressure. Cooking time may vary.
- Bake Spaghetti Casserole – If you prefer you can bake this recipe if you prefer. Place the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes.
How to Store Leftover Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole:
Place leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. If stored properly the spaghetti will last up to 4 days.
When you are ready to reheat, you can place in a microwave safe dish or place on the stove top.
Can you Freeze Spaghetti Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze spaghetti casserole. Place in the a freezer safe container for up to 4 months. If stored properly, this spaghetti casserole will freeze great. When you are ready to serve again, thaw overnight in the fridge.
This is the perfect casserole to double to recipe to have leftovers. I like to write what the meal and the date we store in the freezer. This keeps you organized and you don’t waste the meal.
Place in a casserole dish and reheat in the oven. We like to add extra cheese to make super cheesy.
Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole:
Italian is one of our favorite foods around here. However, the prep and clean up is often more than I have time for. It’s so nice having these lazy day recipes to make Italian food quick and easy.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole turns our favorite Italian meal into a favorite weeknight meal. Crockpot casseroles means fewer dishes to clean and more time together as a family. We love slow cooker dinner recipes.
We all are going in different directions with activities. But I am happy if we can all sit for a few minutes with the best comfort food.
Print Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole Recipe below:
Crock pot Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef lean (90/10)
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz dried spaghetti pasta broken into thirds
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place ground beef (not browned) in the crock pot with the onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper and the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and break apart the beef until it is crumbled.
- Stir in the broken spaghetti pieces.
- Cover and turn to high.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until pasta is soft.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese on top. Cover and allow it to melt.
- Serve wth fresh parmesan and parsley on top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Spaghetti Recipes:
- Crock Pot Baked Pasta with Meatballs
- Easy Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- Crock pot Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
I made this today and it was delicious! Since, I am single I just used one can of diced tomatoes and added the parsley and cheese with the meal.
Can this be made with a jar or 2 of a favorite pasta sauce for added flavor
Yes you can. But you might be surprised by the flavor in this recipe without having to use a pasta sauce.
Made this for dinner last night. Used 1pound each ground beef and ground chicken. Also added sauteed mushrooms. This was definitely a hit at our house.
If I just added cooked spaghetti at the end would it be ok? Or does the spaghetti need to cook in sauce.
There’s only me to cook for. How would I halve this recipe? It sounds delish! Even halved it will give plenty of leftovers…
You can cook it separately.
I would just cut every ingredient into half.
Oh I’m so glad you loved it!
Hi — I *really* like this Crockpot you’re using in this recipe.
I tried to find it on Amazon but couldn’t — do you by-chance know the Mfgr and Model #??
Big fan of yours — we need to see you on Food Network competing against Rachael Raye. Thanks for all the recipe ideas!
See More Comments