I’m so excited to share with you this delicious Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce recipe. This spaghetti sauce is the perfect blend of tomatoes and ground beef that makes the perfect spaghetti sauce.
Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce:
This spaghetti sauce is absolutely amazing. Plus, the slow cooker makes it just so very simple and does all the work for you. You are going to love how hearty and flavorful this spaghetti sauce is after cooking all day in the crock pot.
Cooking the spaghetti sauce in the crock pot makes for an easy weeknight meal. Sure you can use the jar sauce, but this homemade spaghetti sauce is so much better.
Making your own sauce allows you to know what you are putting in your sauce and this recipe makes a large batch. Perfect for leftovers and for freezing it for a later use. This will save you time and money.
The Best Spaghetti Sauce:
This budget friendly spaghetti sauce has become a regular dinner on the menu each week. My favorite part is that it cooks in the slow cooker all day.
Combining all the flavors of the ground beef, italian sauce and tomatoes really makes this spaghetti sauce the best I have ever made.
I love that this spaghetti sauce is healthier, cheaper and taste better than the jar stuff.
Spaghetti Sauce Tips:
- We use a mini food chopper to chop the onion into tiny pieces. If I have green peppers, I will also chop some of them up and add to the sauce. It adds so much flavor and the kids do not even know they are in the sauce.
- This Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce recipe includes ground beef and ground sausage. If you want to lighten things up a bit, you can easily substitute one for ground turkey. You could even use half and half.
- If you would like to add in some red wine. I usually add it in right when I begin cooking the sauce.
- You can add in some red pepper flakes to the sauce if you would like it a bit spicier.
- If you prefer and have them available, fresh tomatoes would be great in this recipe.
Can I add frozen meatballs instead of ground beef?
Yes, I think that is a great idea. Instead of using ground beef substitute with a 2lb bag of frozen meatballs.
We love the texture and flavor it adds to the sauce.
Ingredients for Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce:
- Ground Beef
- Italian Ground Sausage
- Minced Garlic
- Crushed Tomatoes – Diced Tomatoes will work also.
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Italian Seasoning
- Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Spaghetti Sauce in Slow Cooker:
- Crumble and brown ground beef and sausage, along with onion and garlic on medium heat in a large skillet.
- Drain excess fat.
- Place meat mixture into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook the sauce on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve meat sauce over your favorite pasta before serving, or allow to cool completely and then freeze until ready to use.
How long to cook spaghetti sauce in the crock pot?
After cooking the ground beef and italian sausage in a skillet, I combine in the crockpot with the other ingredients. I normally will put everything in the crock pot in the morning and let it cook all day while I am gone.
I set it on low and cook for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours.
Can you freeze spaghetti sauce with meat?
This spaghetti sauce freezes great. We like to make a double or triple batch and freeze the leftovers. This allows us to have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes just like you could with the jarred sauce.
Be sure to allow the sauce to cool completely before you freeze it. It will stay fresh in the freezer for 3-4 months. You can heat it up in the crock pot or over the stove top.
Just put it in a ziplock freezer bag or an freezer safe airtight container.
Tip for freezing this easy spaghetti sauce:
Once you ready to freeze your spaghetti sauce, here are some helpful tips:
- We like using these hands free bag holders during my freezer sessions. They are seriously a life saver. They keep your bags open so you can just dump your ingredients inside. You can snag them very inexpensively on Amazon.
- If you freeze this pasta sauce, it works best to freeze them with each bag being flat. This makes it really convenient to stack them in the freezer.
I love that you can make a huge batch of this spaghetti sauce to freeze or later!
Do you have to brown ground beef for slow cooker?
No! You do not have to brown the ground beef first. You can put it in the crock pot and let it do all the cooking.
Just make sure to break it up during the cooking process. You will also want to use a very low fat meat so that there is not excess grease in your spaghetti sauce.
Can you cook spaghetti in a slow cooker?
Sure! You can throw in spaghetti or any kind of pasta. Just add in spaghetti during the last hour of cooking.
Break it apart and stir it in. Make sure that the noodles are completely covered in the sauce and add more broth if needed to cover the noodles. This becomes the best one pot meal.
If you are trying to cut down on carbs, try spaghetti squash instead of pasta. This Quick and Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Recipe is delicious.
Make for your next get-together:
It’s so handy having this crockpot Spaghetti Recipe to make for your family and friends. Crockpot spaghetti sauce from scratch is so simple. Spaghetti is actually the perfect to feed a crowd.
You can have your friends each bring a side and you have the perfect get-together meal.
What to serve with Spaghetti?
Spaghetti is filling on its own, but I always like to make sure I serve with a vegetable.
- A simple salad always is a big hit at my house.
- This Easy Grilled Broccoli side dish is perfect for a side with this spaghetti sauce.
- Also, we love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. These are perfect to dip in the yummy spaghetti sauce! You can get every last drop of that delicious sauce!
How to thicken Spaghetti Sauce
If you find your spaghetti sauce is runny, you can easily thicken you spaghetti sauce with a cornstarch rue. Check out How to Thicken Spaghetti Sauce for all the tips to learn.
How to Freeze Spaghetti Sauce
Freezing spaghetti sauce is very easy to do. Check out Can you Freeze Spaghetti Sauce for more tips.
Print Crockpot spaghetti sauce recipe below:
Best Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Italian Ground Sausage
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 4 cans Crushed Tomatoes (15 oz each)
- 2 cans Tomato Sauce (15 oz each)
- 1 can Tomato Paste (6 oz)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Brown the ground beef and sausage, along with onion and garlic.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Place meat mixture into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe