This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Skillet lasagna recipe is ready in under an hour and you only have one pan to wash. Enjoy all that you love about classic lasagna in this easy skillet meal. Add a simple salad and you have an easy and tasty meal.
Skillet lasagna recipe
I know you are looking for easy skillet dinner ideas and this quick easy lasagna is perfect for a weeknight dinner. You can have this skillet lasagna ready in hardly anytime at all. Plus, I love that clean up is easy since you only have the one pan.
What?? Lasagna and you don’t have a million pans to wash? That is a winner for me. Don’t you agree?
Now you know why this is a favorite around here even on busy weeknights. Easy, no clean up and delicious. Sounds like a winner to me.
I’m always on the go, but sometimes I want that comfort food, but I don’t want to spend all the time doing it. This skillet lasagna recipe does just that. It combines all the steps in one pan cutting down your cook time and the clean up time making this perfect for a weeknight meal. You might also like our lasagna casserole.
Let’s make skillet lasagna!
You will want to invest in a good cast iron skillet. Good news is that you can snag one on Amazon for cheap – they are on sale right now.
- ground beef – Italian Sausage and ground turkey are also good.
- lasagna noodles
- olive oil
- minced garlic – garlic powder is another great option.
- salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning (Try red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.)
- Crushed tomatoes- You can also add marinara sauce if you want to thin out the lasagna.
- mozzarella cheese
- ricotta cheese – optional but really delicious for topping each serving. Cottage cheese is also a good substitute.
How to make Skillet Lasagna:
- First, heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet.
- Second, brown the ground beef, onions and garlic together in the pan. Add the salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning.
- Cook until the beef is browned and the onions are translucent. Go ahead and drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Now, pour the crushed tomatoes and water in. Break the lasagna noodles into small pieces and add those too.
- Let the mixture come to a boil and cover and turn the heat to low. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Finally, top with the shredded cheese and cover again so the cheese can melt.
- We like to top each bowl with a spoonful of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
- 15 Minutes Stuffed Cheesy Bread– Perfect for dipping into the sauce.
- Garlic bread – learn how to freeze garlic bread.
- Salad- Use all your favorite veggies and toppings.
- Steamed broccoli in the microwave
- See Side Dishes for Lasagna for more ideas.
This is a super easy way to make lasagna without all the extra work. I know that you and your family will love this super easy skillet lasagna recipe.
You can alter this recipe easily to make a new dish. You can use shredded mozzarella cheese and you can use ground beef instead of the turkey or even ground sausage.
No matter what you use, you can make a delicious skillet lasagna for a lot less work than traditional lasagna.
Print this cast Iron skillet lasagna recipe below:
Quick Easy Recipe Skillet Lasagna
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 8 oz lasagna noodles (broken into bite size pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cans Crushed Tomatoes (15 oz each)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese (Optional for Serving)
- Parsley (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef, onions and minced garlic to the pan. Season with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Continue to cook on medium high heat until the beef is browned and the onion is soft. Drain off any excess grease from the pan.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, water and broken noodles.
- Bring the mixture to a slight boil, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook covered for 15-20 minutes (on a low simmer) until the noodles are cooked through.
- Once the noodles are cooked to the tenderness that you prefer. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted (2-3 minutes).
- Served topped with a small amount of the ricotta cheese and the chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy lasagna recipes:
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Lazy Day Lasagna Recipe
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Lazy Day Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Crock Pot Turkey Lasagna
- Hearty Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- Gluten Free Lasagna Soup in the Pressure Cooker