Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe has layers of delicious cheese, refried beans, beef and more for the best dinner idea. Toss it all into your crockpot and come home to a great dinner.
Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe:
We love lasagna around here and I thought why not add some Mexican flavor to it. That is why we made Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe. The entire family declared it the best meal ever.
It reminds of a cross between enchiladas and lasagna for just the most amazing meal idea. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of this sooner. The ingredients are simple and everything cooks easily in the slow cooker.
Try this easy Mexican lasagna for the next Mexican Monday or any night of the week. Perfect for a weeknight meal or feeding a crowd. You can serve with chips and salsa or garlic bread. Either way, you will have a family favorite meal.
Easy Mexican Lasagna Recipe is a must try:
Everything you need for a great meal is in this dish. The entire family will love it and the kids will ask for more. The layers of the Mexican Lasagna gives it so much flavor. It is loaded with refried beans, ground beef and salsa all mixed with taco seasoning.
Once these ingredients top with lasagna noodles and cheese for an amazing and delicious lasagna recipe. This recipe can be changed to what you have on hand. Add in veggies, use different cheese and even use different noodles.
We have made this Mexican Lasagna Recipe many different ways and everyone always comes back for more. Mexican food is our favorite to eat and this is a fun twist on a classic lasagna recipe.
- Ground Beef
- Refried Beans (how to make crock pot refried beans)
- Beef Broth
- Taco Seasoning (how to make homemade taco seasoning)
- Lasagna Noodles
- Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
How to Make Mexican Lasagna in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place beef, refried beans, salsa, taco seasoning and beef broth in the crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cook on low for 4 hours. Break apart the beef and stir to combine.
- Step 3 – Stir in the sour cream, half the cheese and the lasagna noodles.
- Step 4 – Top with the remaining cheese.
- Step 5 – Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese mixture is melted.
- Step 6 – Serve with your favorite toppings – green onions, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.
Mexican Lasagna Topping Ideas:
This Mexican Lasagna is perfect as it is, but we love to add our favorite toppings.
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
Feel free to use your favorite toppings for this delicious Mexican lasagna.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna:
- Easy Spanish Rice Recipe – Spanish Rice is an easy side to add to this Mexican Lasagna Recipe. Making it homemade is so much better than using the box stuff and it is great to freezer.
- Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice – The combination of the Cilantro and Lime adds so much flavor to white rice.
- Crock Pot Refried Beans – Making homemade refried beans is easy to do and budget friendly. They taste so much better than the canned stuff.
- Salad – A simple green salad is perfect to serve with this lasagna. Since the Mexican Lasagna is so hearty, serving a light green salad goes well with it.
- Garlic Bread – Since this a lasagna recipe, I have served this dish with a side of garlic bread. I like to use the bread to make sure I get every drop of the sauce from my plate.
Tips for Crockpot Mexican Lasagna:
- Crockpot – We used a regular crock pot for this recipe, but a casserole crockpot would work perfectly as well. We broke up the noodles before adding them, but if you used a casserole slow cooker, you would need to do that.
- Lasagna Noodles – We cooked our lasagna noodles before adding to the slow cooker. This ensure that they are cooked. If you have enough broth in your mixture, then you noodles would probably cook fine in the slow cooker.
- Ground Beef – If your slow cooker has the function to cook your meat, then I would definitely use that option. But to reduce grease, I like to cook my ground beef before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Ingredients – Once you have cooked the beef, refried beans and broth together, make sure to combine before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Cheese – Once cheese is added, cover and cook in the slow cooker until cheese is melted.
Slow Cooker Mexican Lasagna Variations:
- Tortillas – You can top the ingredients with layers of tortillas instead of lasagna noodles if you prefer. We have used corn tortillas and flour tortillas for a delicious variation.
- Shredded Cheese – We used Colby Jack Cheese, but a Mexican blend cheese or Mozzarella would be a nice variation for this dish. You can also add in ricotta cheese.
- Vegetables – Sneak in some vegetables such as fresh onion and bell peppers. We love the flavor it gives and my kids eat it without complaining. Diced tomatoes is also a good option.
- Cream Cheese – For a creamier texture, you can add in some cream cheese. We recommend adding in when you have about 30 minutes remaining on the cooking time.
- Enchilada Sauce – Add in some enchilada sauce for added flavor and sauce.
- Beans – Add in beans for added flavor and texture. Black beans or pinto beans are good options.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator. If stored properly, the Mexican Lasagna will be delicious for up to 3 days. We think it taste even better the next days as the ingredients really marinate together.
Print this Easy Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe below:
Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pound ground beef lean beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 12 oz lasagna noodles broken into thirds and cooked
- 4 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place beef, refried beans, salsa, taco seasoning and beef broth in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Break apart the beef and stir to combine.
- Stir in the sour cream, half the cheese and the lasagna noodles.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite toppings – green onions, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Crock Pot Mexican Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Corn Chowder Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
- Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Stew Recipe