This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Soup Recipe takes traditional chowder to the next level. Tons of Mexican flavor and hearty chicken turn this meal into the best dinner even pick eaters will love.
Crockpot Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe:
If you are looking for a new meal to try for Mexican Monday, this is sure to be a hit. Delicious chowder gets a face lift thanks to all of these amazing ingredients.
It is the best combination of recipes with chowder and chili colliding to make Mexican street corn soup slow cooker. The corn chowder is creamy and delicious for a meal that is the best comfort food.
Even better, the crock pot does all the work making this meal super easy and really delicious. Once you try this recipe, you will make it all the time.
It is light enough to be served in the Summer but perfect to enjoy year round. Authentic Mexican crockpot corn chowder is the best dinner!
You may also love this Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder Recipe.
Easy Mexican Corn Chowder Soup:
When the cooler weather this is one of our favorite soups to make. It is thick, creamy and easy to make. The ingredients blend perfectly together and really gives you that Mexican flavor.
If you love corn chowder, then you are going to love this Mexican flavor twist on a classic recipe. Chicken Corn Chowder Crock Pot Recipe is one soup your whole family will love.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth
- Creamed Corn
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- Salsa Verde
- Minced Garlic – You can use garlic powder instead
- Heavy Cream
- Monterey Jack Cheese
How to Make Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder:
- Step 1 – Add all the ingredients except for the heavy whipping cream and cheese to a 6 quart crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Step 2 – Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Step 3 – Remove the chicken and shred. You can shred with a fork or learn How to Shred Chicken with a mixer.
- Step 4 – Return the chicken back to the crock pot. Pour in the heavy cream and the shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- Step 5 – Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and cream is heated through.
- Step 6 – Serve with your favorite toppings and salt and pepper and enjoy!
Recipe Tips for Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder:
- Block Cheese – This recipe is best with block style cheese instead of the shredded cheese at the grocery store. If you hand grate the cheese, the soup will be smoother and have a much better consistency.
- Diced Tomatoes – We used diced tomatoes with green chilies, but you can just use regular diced tomatoes if you don’t want that extra spice.
- More Vegetables – If you want to sneak in those vegetables, add in some bell peppers, carrots or celery.
- Beans – You can mix in some black beans or pinto beans if you prefer. Both options go well with this soup.
- Instant Pot – You can easily make this soup in the instant pot.
What to serve with Chicken Corn Chowder:
- Rice – You can serve this soup with some white rice or cilantro rice.
- Salad – Since this soup is hearty and filling, you can even serve it with a side salad.
- Roasted Vegetables – Roasted Vegetables would be easy to do with this slow cooker corn chowder recipe. Roasted Broccoli or asparagus is always a good option.
Add Toppings to your Mexican Corn Chowder:
We love to add our favorite toppings to this easy corn chowder recipes. We love to set up a toppings bar and everyone can choose their favorites. This is always a hit when I make it and the kids love it.
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Lime
- Slice Jalapenos
- Tortilla Chips
- Green Onion
Variation and Substitutions:
- Chicken – This is a great soup to use leftover chicken in. You can also use rotisserie chicken, chicken thighs, or canned chicken instead of putting frozen chicken.
- Change the Cheese – We used Monterrey Jack Cheese but you can easily use mozzarella or Pepper Jack Cheese.
- Green Chilies – To give this soup a little more kick add a can of diced green chilies.
- Seasoning – Mix in some chili powder for added flavor.
How to Store:
This is a great soup to make ahead of time for meal prep for the week. Store the soup in an air tight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Can you Freeze Corn Chowder?
Yes, you can freeze corn chowder, however the texture might change when thawing. If you want tips and tricks on how to freeze soup, we have them all here.
Freezing soup saves time and money. Making slow cooker recipes at home is also better for you and taste better than the canned soup.
How to Reheat Corn Chowder Soup:
If you have a large portion leftover, place it in a large pot on the stove and reheat. If you are reheating individual servings, place in a microwave safe bowl and reheat. You may need to reheat in 30 second intervals.
Print Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder recipe:
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can whole corn (do not drain)
- 2 cans cream style corn
- 1/2 cup Salsa Verde
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis (10 oz)
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Add all the ingredients except for the heavy whipping cream and cheese to a 6 quart crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Return the chicken back to the crock pot. Pour in the heavy cream and the shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and cream is heated through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Chicken Soup Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe