This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Get delicious and quick chicken wings with this Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipe. Game day will be a breeze with this simple and fast recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
If you love chicken wings, this is a must try recipe! The instant pot makes the most delicious wings and you won’t believe how fast it is. Take all the work out of traditional wings and make buffalo chicken wings in the pressure cooker. You might also like our boneless chicken wings.
You can easily serve delicious chicken wings for parties, game day and more with this easy recipe. Once you make chicken wings in the instant pot, you will never make them any other way.
These are tasty and delicious and packed with a ton of flavor. Cooking the wings in an instant pot has been a game changer for me and my family.
The Best Game Day Wings!
No need to stand by the stove and fry chicken wings. This recipe does all the work for you and has the best results. We love simple, easy recipes when we have friends and family over for the big game.
This recipe never disappoints and the best part is that the Instant Pot does all the work. You can spend more time with your friends and family and less time in the kitchen. Everyone will love these delicious chicken wings.
Full flavor Chicken Wings!
You will be surprised by the flavor that this recipe brings. The combination of the buffalo sauce and seasoning makes these chicken wings taste so flavorful. Trust me, this will be the only way you cook your chicken wings.
- Cooking in the instant pot allows the chicken wings to cook quickly. From start to finish, you can have a snack in about 30 minutes.
- Flavorful and juicy chicken and the meat doesn’t dry out.
- Everyone is going to be so impressed with how little time this recipes takes while making the absolute best wings.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Wings:
- Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Wings:
- Add 1 cup of water to the instant pot and place the trivet that came with the instant pot on the bottom.
- Place the wings on top of the trivet in the instant pot.
- Mix together the brown sugar with the seasoning and sprinkle this on the top of the wings in the instant pot.
- Set the pressure to 5 minutes. Cook on high pressure.
- When finished do a quick release for a natural release from the Instant Pot. This will cause the pressure to release.
- Remove the chicken wings (without the extra water) from the Instant pot and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the buffalo sauce on top and stir to thoroughly coat the wings with the buffalo sauce.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the chicken wings on the cookie sheet.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes (flipping them halfway) until they begin to brown. Cook time will vary depending on how crispy you want them.
How to make Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Wings:
If you have frozen chicken wings, you are still able to cook them by placing them in your instant pot. That is one of my favorite reason why I love my instant pot.
If you forgot to set out your chicken wings, no worries. Just simply follow the process above but you will cook them for about 11 minutes and then broil as indicated.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings Variations:
We love recipes when we can change ingredients to make them a little different. These are some great variations you can try with these chicken wings.
- Try making Homemade Buffalo Sauce. It is so easy to make and it is so much better than the store bought.
- Add Lemon Pepper Seasoning to make Lemon Pepper Wings.
- Parmesan and Garlic seasoning would taste amazing on these chicken wings.
- If you like your wings hot, try adding in hot sauce to your sauce mixture.
- If you love BBQ chicken wings then mix your wings with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Chicken Wings Instant Pot Tips:
- The instant pot cooks the meat but doesn’t get them crispy as it does when you put in the oven. Putting the chicken wings in the oven really amplifies the flavor.
- It is best to put the chicken wings in the steamer basket or trivet with handles. This way the chicken wings do not sit in the water and get overcooked and it is easier to remove the chicken when they are done cooking.
- When removing the chicken wings from the instant pot, make sure you handle them carefully. The chicken will come out so moist that it is possible that the meat could be removed from the bone.
- You can eat the chicken wings plain, or mix with your favorite sauce.
- To ensure that you chicken is cooked properly, use a meat thermometer to check your chicken. As long as your chicken reads a temperature of 165 degrees F or higher, then the chicken is done.
What to serve with Wings?
We tend to fix these chicken wings as an appetizer or a light lunch. I always like to serve them with a simple side. These wings are great with celery, carrots, and ranch dressing.
Sometimes, I also serve the chicken wings with blue cheese dressing. Another idea is to use barbecue sauce on the wings. However you decide to serve your chicken wings, they will be loved by all.
See Best Sides for Chicken Wings for easy side dish ideas.
Low Carb Chicken Wings:
I am always trying to find recipes that my family will eat while sticking to my eating plan. I really try to making low carb recipes. So this is the perfect recipe for that.
I can enjoy this chicken wings and still reach my goals, plus my family will enjoy them also.
More wing recipes to try!
If you are a fan of chicken wings as much as my family is. Try these other ways of making chicken wings.
Can I just bake them?
Yes, if you don’t have a pressure cooker you can just put them in the oven. It will take longer to bake them but they still come out so juicy and flavorful.
- You will prepare them as indicated above adding your dried seasoning and place them in the oven.
- Bake them at 400 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Then broil them for a few minutes to get that extra crunch we all love our chicken wings to be.
- Then transfer them to a large bowl and toss with your favorite buffalo or BBQ sauce.
You will need a pressure cooker for this easy recipe.
I am using an 8 quart electric pressure cooker for this recipe but you can use a 6 quart one instead. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. It’s really changed dinner time around here.
If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I don’t have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all. Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. We love ours and it makes soup recipes even easier. Everyone will love this recipe no matter how you decide to fix them.
It all adds up to more time with your loved ones.
Print this easy Buffalo Chicken Wings Pressure Cooker recipe below:
Instant pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Place the water and the trivet that came with the Instant Pot at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the wings in the instant pot on top of the trivet.
- Mix together the brown sugar with the other seasonings and sprinkle this mixture on top of the wings in the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the cook time, do a quick release to release the pressure from the Instant Pot by moving the valve on the lid from the Seal position to the Venting Position.
- Remove the chicken wings (without the extra water) from the Instant pot and place in the bowl.
- Pour the buffalo sauce into the bowl with the chicken and stir to thoroughly coat the chicken with the buffalo sauce.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the chicken wings on the baking
- Broil for 5-10 minutes (flipping halfway) until they begin to brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe