This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You are going to love this super easy recipe for instant pot chicken tacos. Get dinner on the table with very little effort thanks to the pressure cooker and this flavor packed meal.
Instant pot chicken tacos
I took my old Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe and converted it to a pressure cooker recipe for those nights that you completely forgot that you had to make dinner. I mean… why do the kids want to eat every single night, right?
No thawing needed at all! It is so easy to make and your family is going to love it!
This is the perfect weeknight meal when you need dinner in just minutes. Everyone will love this Instant pot chicken recipe and it is SO easy to prepare.
Let’s make shredded chicken tacos instant pot recipe!
This quick easy recipe will be a huge hit! Pressure cooking is so fast and the chicken is tender. You can also use chicken thighs in this taco recipe.
Instant pot chicken tacos ingredients:
- chicken breasts
- salsa (we used picante)
- Taco Seasoning (we use our Homemade Taco Seasoning)
I told you this recipe was really simple! That is all you need!
You will need a pressure cooker to make this instant pot chicken tacos recipe.
You can find the Instant pot on sale here. It’s really changed dinner time around here.
If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I don’t have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all.
Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. We love ours and it makes soup recipes even easier.
You can also these Instant Pot Accessories to make pressure cooking a breeze. We just love to pressure cook and I am certain you will too.
Dinner time is much easier and less complicated now that I have the pressure cooker. If you are hesitant or on the fence, don’t be. You will love it!
No worries if you do not have a pressure cooker yet. Try our Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe.
How to make chicken tacos in instant pot:
This is the easiest most simple recipe ever! If you can put chicken in the pressure cooker, you can make this meal!
Literally, everything gets tossed into the instant pot and that is all you do! In just 15 minutes, dinner is ready!
Shred the chicken and let everyone fix their tacos. Easy!
Note- You can add chicken stock instead of water when making this chicken if you prefer. If you prefer to make instant pot chicken tacos no salsa, I would use chicken broth to add flavor.
What to serve with chicken tacos:
This chicken is delicious served on hard taco shells or you can try making the Best Flour Tortilla Recipe. Corn tortillas would also be yummy.
Dinner is so easy even when making chicken tacos instant pot frozen chicken. You can literally forget about dinner until the last minute and still make this so fast.
Everyone will love instant pot shredded chicken tacos from frozen chicken. Perfect for busy weeknights.
- Easy Spanish Rice Recipe
- Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice
- Crock Pot Refried Beans
- Find more What to Serve with Tacos recipes
You can also try making Instant pot chicken taco bowls!
Another option for this chicken is taco salads! You can make these easy homemade taco bowls and have delicious taco salads that are so flavorful with this shredded chicken.
The shredded chicken is amazing. It is so easy and tender.
Shredded chicken toppings:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- fresh lime
- fresh cilantro
So many tasty choices! Our family loves toppings so this is a favorite around here. Enjoy!
Skip takeout and make chicken tacos in Instant pot!
Try pressure cooker chicken tacos this week!
Next time dinner isn’t planned, try this super easy Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe. I think your family will love it much better than running through the drive through. I know my family does.
Print this recipe for instant pot shredded chicken tacos below:
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa (we used picante)
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning (we use our Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- 1 cup water
- Place chicken (frozen) in the instant pot.
- Cover with water, salsa, and taco seasoning.
- Place the lid on and make sure the nob is set to sealing.
- Click the manual button and turn it to 15 minutes (20 minutes if you have 4 or more chicken breasts)
- Do the quick release to relase the pressusre.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Return to the instant pot and stir. Then switch the instant pot to the sauté setting and cook off the additional liquid in the instant pot.
- Add to your favorite taco shells or tortillas. Top with your favorite toppings.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Watch how easy it really is to make with this video:
Try these other easy taco recipes:
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Ground Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos Recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 5 Minute Baja Shrimp Taco Recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Tacos Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Find all our Taco Night Ideas