This Baked Chicken Tacos Recipe is a sponsored post from General Mills. However, all my opinions are my own.
My entire family loves Taco Tuesday and today I’m going to share with you an easy Baked Chicken Tacos recipe that everyone loved and was simple to make too!
Old El Paso™ makes Taco Tuesday easy!
Since I have a large family with 8 kids, I love shopping in bulk at Sam’s Club. When I go, I always make sure to stock up on Old El Paso™ products because with these products, I can make a delicious Taco Tuesday meal in no time at all for my family.
Their Original Taco Seasoning, Traditional Refried Beans and Stand ‘N Stuff Taco Shells are the best! I buy these products in bulk because I use them to create many delicious Taco Tuesday recipes and I love always having them in my pantry!
I used all 3 of these products to create this oven baked chicken tacos recipe and they made it even easier to make!
Ingredients for the Best Baked Chicken Tacos:
You are not going to believe how easy these oven baked tacos are to make! You only need a few easy ingredients to create these delicious crispy chicken tacos.
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breasts
- Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning
- Old El Paso™ Stand N’ Stuff Taco Shells
- Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- Old El Paso Refried Beans
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
How to make Oven Baked Chicken Tacos (Step By Step):
First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pan.
Once the olive oil has heated, add the chicken to the pan, brown each side of the chicken in the pan (cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side) and season with ½ of the Taco Seasoning Packet.
I used this cast iron skillet for this recipe and it worked perfectly!
While the chicken is browning, mix the remaining taco seasoning packet with 1 cup of water. After the chicken has browned, add the water to the pan, heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, simmer and allow to cook for 12-15 minutes.
Then remove the lid, shred the chicken and continue to cook in the uncovered pan to boil off the excess liquid (2-3 minutes) and then remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, warm up the refried beans in a microwave safe dish to make them easier to spread. I just warmed them (cooked for 30 seconds) so they are easier to spread but they will fully cook in the oven.
How to Assembly the Tacos for Baking:
Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Next place the Stand ‘N Stuff taco shells in the baking dish. I was able to prepare approximately 10 in my 9X13 baking dish.
Then place approximately 2 tablespoon of beans at the bottom of each crunchy taco shell. I found that the back of a spoon worked great to spread the refried beans on the bottom of the shells.
Next place the shredded chicken mixture on top of the beans in each of the crunchy shells and top with the shredded Mexican Cheese. Don’t skimp on the cheese, the cheese really makes these tacos delicious!
Then bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Top with the chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Tips to Try for these Crispy Chicken Tacos!
My first tip is to make sure that you use the Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff Taco shells. These shells make prepping these tacos so much easier and ensure that they stay up right in the baking dish too. Don’t use any different shells, I have tried and these are the definitely the best for this recipe.
Ensure that you put the refried beans at the bottom of the tacos, this will help prevent the tacos from getting soggy when you make them. No one likes soggy tacos!
You can add different ingredients to the chicken mixture to change up the flavor. Adding green chilis or sliced jalapeños will give the chicken a slight kick or add chipotle peppers for a smokey flavor.
You can also create the chicken mixture by combining, chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes and green chiles together to create a spicy chicken mixture for your tacos. Yum!
Also, if you are in a hurry, you can easily use a rotisserie chicken to make these baked tacos easily in under 30 minutes.
What to serve with Easy Crispy Chicken Tacos?
Here are some of my favorite recipes to serve with these delicious baked chicken tacos!
- Easy Spanish Rice
- Mexican Corn on the Cob
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Homemade Salsa Recipe
- White Cheese Dip Recipe
You can go wrong serving these baked tacos with any of these recipes! Check out our What to Serve with Tacos for more taco side dish ideas.
Print the best baked chicken tacos below:
Baked Chicken Tacos
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Packet El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup of Water
- 18 Stand N’ Stuff Taco Shells – El Paso
- 2 can Refried Beans – El Paso
- 2 cups Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil is a large pan over medium high heat.
- Once heated through, add the chicken to the pan, season with ½ of the Taco Seasoning Packet and brown each side of the chicken in the pan (cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side).
- Mix the remaining taco seasoning packet with the 1 cup of water.
- Add the water to the pan, heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, shred the chicken and continue to cook in the uncovered pan to boil off the excess liquid (2-3 minutes) and then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, warm up the refried beans in a microwave safe dish to make them easier to spread.
- Then place the stand 'n stuff taco shells in a 9X13. I was able to prepare approximately 10 in my 9X13 pan.
- Then place approximately 2 Tbsp of the refried beans at the bottom of each crunchy taco shell.
- Place the shredded chicken on top of the beans in each of the crunchy shells and top with the shredded Mexican Cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Top with the chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Mexican Recipes
- Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
- Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
- Skillet Beef Burrito Recipe
- Beef and Bean Chimichanga Recipe
- Crock Pot Smothered Beef Burritos